The Ego Has Landed: Why Trump Damaged Himself Tonight

Draggingtree

361507.phpAce of Spades:

February 14, 2016

The Ego Has Landed: Why Trump Damaged Himself Tonight

Apologies. I have no idea why I indulged myself to write so long to make such a simple point. Long story short: You can't tell people they've been flat wrong about everything for 17 years, without giving the slightest reason why they should change their entire scheme of thinking, and expect them to support you.

This was a brief line in the podcast (which we'll post tomorrow) which I expanded, for reasons I can now no longer guess, into a 1500 word exegesis on the obvious.

Just skip to the brief update.

The "ego" in the headline doesn't actually refer to Trump's ego, for once. Rather, it refers to the voters' egos.

I think Trump hurt himself badly tonight, enough to knock him out of his first-place standing in most states. Oh he won't completely disappear -- but 2nd Place Trump is not the same thing as Frontrunner Trump.

Trump damaged himself with his claim that Bush lied us into war in Iraq. Not botched the intelligence, not read too much into thin intelligence.

Most Republicans, I think, would agree that that. Scissors-32x32.png

UGH: Trump now threatening to go back on his third-party pledge and run as INDEPENDENT
The Right Scoop

Feb 15, 2016

Fox News is reporting that Trump is now threatening to go back on his pledge to support the Republican nominee and not run third-party because he feels he’s being mistreated by the RNC:

(Snip)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++