Cruz Easily Won the New Hampshire GOP Debate

Draggingtree

?:
Cruz Easily Won the New Hampshire GOP Debate

By: Dan Spencer (Diary) | February 7th, 2016 at 04:40 AM

Republican presidential candidate, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, answers a question during a Republican presidential primary debate hosted by ABC News at the St. Anselm College Saturday, Feb. 6, 2016, in Manchester, N.H. (AP Photo/David Goldman)

Sen. Ted Cruz won the New Hampshire GOP debate. Cruz managed to stay above the hand to hand combat between the desperate governors and Sen Marco Rubio and Donald Trump. He gave great answers to the ABC News moderators, some of whom spent the night fishing for sound bites that could be used to help the Democrats’ eventual nominee.

Gov. Chris Christie went after Sen. Marco Rubio early and seemed to rattle him. Unfortunately Christie came across as a nasty bully and damaged himself. Still the exchange resulted in one of the most memorable moments of the debate with Rubio subsequently repeating many times that Obama knows exactly what he is doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLxTvMgozcg&feature=em-uploademail (Abolish The IRS)

Scissors-32x32.png

Cruz: Drafting women is 'nuts'

By KATIE GLUECK

02/07/16 02:35 PM EST

PETERBOROUGH, N.H.—Ted Cruz on Sunday said he opposes requiring women to register for a potential draft, breaking with Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush and Chris Christie, all of whom indicated support for opening up the Selective Service to women during Saturday night's debate.

“I have to admit, as I was sitting there listening to that conversation, my reaction was, ‘Are you guys nuts?’” Cruz said Sunday, speaking at a town hall here. “Listen, we have had enough with political correctness, especially in the military.

Political correctness is dangerous. And the idea that we would draft our daughters to forcibly bring them into the military and put them in close combat, I think is wrong, it is immoral, and if I am president, we ain’t doing it.”

To applause, Cruz went on to note that he is a father to two daughters, and he wants them to follow their dreams.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.politico.com/blogs/new-hampshire-primary-2016-live-updates/2016/02/ted-cruz-women-military-draft-new-hampshire-218910