PREDICTION: RUBIO WILL BE THE NOMINEE

Draggingtree

prediction-rubio-will-be-the-nominee:

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 6:00 pm

My natural pessimism is coming out in this post. Basically, if we were a nation that cared about limited government and Constitutional principles, Ted Cruz would run away with it. But we’re a nation that knows Snooki is on Jersey Shore but not the year that we gained our independence. And so we’re probably going to have to settle for someone like Rubio.

It’s early to be certain, of course, and I hope I’m wrong (unless the alternative is Trump, in which case I hope I’m right). But Bobby Jindal just endorsed Rubio, Romney will certainly endorse Rubio, and every nasty Establishment senator who has trashed Ted Cruz is going to endorse Rubio. Santorum endorsed Rubio (even though he clearly can’t justify why), and once Jeb and Christie are out, they’ll endorse Rubio. Basically, the whole establishment is going to line up behind Rubio. He’s gotten as much of a bump in the polls by coming in third in Iowa as Ted Cruz got from coming in first. And he’s bound to outperform Cruz in New Hampshire.

He’s the pretty boy with the vapid rehearsed lines. He’s the guy who won the student government positions. He doesn’t have a long pointy nose or other unattractive features like Cruz. Scissors-32x32.png

righteousmomma

t’s early to be certain, of course, and I hope I’m wrong (unless the alternative is Trump, in which case I hope I’m right). But Bobby Jindal just endorsed Rubio, Romney will certainly endorse Rubio, and every nasty Establishment senator who has trashed Ted Cruz is going to endorse Rubio. Santorum endorsed Rubio (even though he clearly can’t justify why), and once Jeb and Christie are out, they’ll endorse Rubio. Basically, the whole establishment is going to line up behind Rubio. He’s gotten as much of a bump in the polls by coming in third in Iowa as Ted Cruz got from coming in first. And he’s bound to outperform Cruz in New Hampshire.

He’s the pretty boy with the vapid rehearsed lines. He’s the guy who won the student government positions. He doesn’t have a long pointy nose or other unattractive features like Cruz.

He’s not very smart, of course. He’s far, far too bellicose. He has supported every moronic Obama intervention under the sun. He is in the pocket of Big Sugar, which is a minor issue in the grand scheme of things but speaks to his character. I doubt he’ll repeal ObamaCare — and if he does, he’ll replace with something that retains 95% of its bad anti-market features.

And we all know that in his first four years — should he beat Hillary or Bernie or whatever other 115-year-old the Democrats put up — he is going to pass legislation to legalize millions of illegals and cement the permanent Democrat majority in our lifetime.

These opinions are certainly not any of the indications of his leanings and intentions when you hear him in person. As for not being very smart thats ridiculous. According to everyone 7 or 8 years ago Obama and Hillary were the smartest people in the world. Oh yeah?

I like Cruz and Rubio.

righteousmomma

For what its worth Rush spoke at length on Rubio Friday and covered some of the above negatives.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/02/05/don_t_misunderstand_me_on_rubio

"...Plus, I think the campaign is where the winners are determined, and I've never lived under the illusion that it's the job of the media to pick candidates, either the Drive-By Media or us. So my only thing with Rubio was, actually, I started receiving some e-mails and just listening to people talk what a rotten guy he was. And I know he's not a rotten guy. I just... To me, it's no more complicated than not wanting to throw people overboard forever, to excommunicate them forever. You can disagree with them, you can say whatever you want if you think they're potentially dangerous.

Many people think Rubio is not conservative. "He's a wolf in sheep's clothing! He's gonna be no different than Romney. And you wait, Rush! It's gonna all be proven 'cause he's gonna end up being the establishment candidate, and they're gonna use him. They're gonna try to defeat Cruz," and so forth. It may well be. But none of this is a secret to anyone. I have spoken admirably of all kinds of people in this race. I have great admiration for many of them -- and any of them, to me, are preferable to Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders or whoever else.

And I just worry about that some of these people can get so damaged in the primary that they don't have a chance if they end up getting the nomination down the road. So I wasn't trying to stir anything up. I wasn't trying to take momentum away from anybody or transfer it to anybody. There was no grand scheme or design here, and I'm only mentioning this 'cause you can't believe the number of well-intentioned people who are reaching out to me saying I may not have realized what I have done or I may not have realized what I had said, or I might want to rethink."

"Did you know this? Did you know that?"Scissors-32x32.png

@righteousmomma

You could go to TOS (actually any rightwing site) and find all so many care about is The Gang Of 8. Nothing more matters, and nothing anyone says in his defense is listened to.

This is what I am talking about

Is this Christie ad fair to Marco Rubio?

NO IT'S THE WORST THING EVER STUPID CHRISTIE!!! 7.19%

YES IT'S THE BEST THING EVER AWESOME CHRISTIEI!! 34.16%

Go back to Guatemala, SooperMexican!! 2.02%

I don't like polls!! 3.82%

Who cares?! GANG OF EEEEEIGHTTTT!!! 52.81%