Team Rubio: If You Don’t Want Ted Cruz or Donald Trump, Vote for Marco Rubio

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
team-rubio-if-you-dont-want-ted-cruz-or-donald-trump-vote-for-marcoBreitbart:

The Rubio campaign has a new message heading into New Hampshire: vote for Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)79%

or let Donald Trump or Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)97%

win.

“Either Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, or Marco Rubio’s going to be the Republican nominee–so if you don’t want Cruz and you don’t want Trump, it’s time to vote for Marco Rubio,” Rubio’s campaign communications director, Alex Conant, said in an interview on Fox News after the results came in.

Conant celebrated Rubio’s better-than-expected performance in Iowa–even though he still came in third place.

“We just put Marco front and center; he worked really hard in the last couple of days to try and meet as many voters as he could and talked to them about his ideas for the future,” he said, praising “hundreds and thousands” of voter contacts in recent weeks.

He previewed the rest of the Republican presidential primary as a long fight for which they are prepared.

“We’re the only campaign that is organized in all 50 states around the country,” he said. “We don’t expect this is going to end anytime soon; we’re ready for the long haul.”

________

The third way candidate?

righteousmomma

I feel sorry for Rubio. He is being labeled as a "moderate" probably because of the immigration deal. He will be tarred by the "establishment" claiming him now.

Rubio is as conservative and as much a Reaganite as Cruz. He is also evangelical.

Funny that we are always labeled as the rich old white men party that hates minorities yada yada and yet the top 3 of the top 4 winners in Iowa are 2 Hispanics and an African American. All 3 strong Christians.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for Rubio. He is being labeled as a "moderate" probably because of the immigration deal. He will be tarred by the "establishment" claiming him now.

Rubio is as conservative and as much a Reaganite as Cruz. He is also evangelical.

Funny that we are always labeled as the rich old white men party that hates minorities yada yada and yet the top 3 of the top 4 winners in Iowa are 2 Hispanics and an African American. All 3 strong Christians.

The Comments Back You Up. Not just at Breitbart either.

Rush Limbaugh: Marco Rubio is a legitimate full-throated conservative and a disciple of Ronald Reagan
posted at 6:41 pm on February 2, 2016 by Allahpundit

Published on Feb 2, 2016

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From The Comments, it appears some people aren't buying Allahpundit.

righteousmomma

Reviewed Rush this morning and saw this same quote about Rubio plus:

"I know that Rubio's got the baggage of that Gang of Eight bill and I know that in many people's minds he's got the baggage of wanting to grant the current number of illegals citizenship. I understand that. But Marco Rubio is no moderate Republican centrist. I could sit here like anybody else could and try to make explanations for you for why he did the Gang of Eight. I'm not even gonna try to put words into his mouth. I don't want to be seen as making excuses. I'm just telling you, I don't see Marco Rubio as anything other than a legitimate, full-throated conservative. Nobody's pure, and nobody is ever free of making mistakes.

I know Senator Rubio. It's like I was telling you last week: I know these people. I know that Senator Rubio in the Senate... In many ways, he agrees with Cruz about things. He's worn out with the Senate. The Senate... I heard this from Allen West when he left the House. I've heard, "The incumbents, that's all they care about is being reelected. You go there to make a difference and you run into brick wall after brick wall after brick wall." I don't think... You know, Rubio, I don't think he wants to stay there 30 years to break through the wall to get a committee chairmanship or whatever.

I just don't like this idea that all of a sudden we're gonna make Rubio the establishment bad guy, as though Rubio is no different than the McCains and the Bob Doles and the Romneys and the others that have come along and been nominated by the establishment. He just isn't. He has not been talked out of his conservatism. He does not abandon it. He had the best end-of-the-evening speech of anybody last night. He had the best end-of-the-evening speech of anybody. And even the media was dazzled by the fact that he did it without a teleprompter."

Earlier Rush had said "I like Rubio", "a young Reagan". He has also said that Cruz is rock solid and does what he says he will do and that Carson also talks like a Reaganite.

• Like 1

Reviewed Rush this morning and saw this same quote about Rubio plus:

TOS

#2 "Bye Bye Limbaugh! I’ll never listen again sellout"

#3 "Rush losing it?"

#4 "Rush must be taking drugs if he thinks Rubio is a conservative ."

#6 "Rush must be on oxycontin again. It’s that, or he’s completely slipped the track and gone over to the dark side."

#7 "I agree with Rush. Rubio was wrong on the Gang of 8, but on just about every other issue he’s solid. Including the very unestablishment-like issues such as abortion.

Immigration is not my litmus test anyway, and if I believed in litmus tests it would be the pro-life issue anyway."

And on And on And on. wacko.png Ah The Vox Populi!!

• Like 1

righteousmomma

I wonder how many of these commenters from TOS even know what a conservative believes or for that matter haver ever even heard of a man named Russell Kirk.

This makes Rubio strong..

I wonder how many of these commenters from TOS even know what a conservative believes or for that matter haver ever even heard of a man named Russell Kirk.

I think they have a bad case of living in the past..