The Dems’ debate: Another world

Valin

the-dems-debate-another-world.phpPower Line:

Scott Johnson

January 18, 2016

I don’t deprecate President Obama’s accomplishments in office. It seems to me that he has delivered to a substantial extent on his promise of “fundamental transformation” of the United States. He has also had a profound effect on the Democratic Party. Last night at the Dems’ debate in Charleston, Hillary Clinton presented herself as his heir. Bernie Sanders, well, he wants to continue the fundamental transformation too.

There is nothing funny about this crew. They are as funny as cancer.

Yet Martin O’Malley provides comic relief of the unintentional variety. Quotable quote from Governor O’Malley: “The greatest business opportunity to come to America in 100 years is climate change.” This must represent deep thinking orthodoxy in Obama’s party. O’Malley is a useful character. He gives us Democratic orthodoxy as a court jester might.

I assume Hillary Clinton will be the Democratic nominee. (Disclaimer: I assumed this in 2008 as well. Reviewing last night’s proceedings, John Podhoretz suggests why I might be mistaken this time as well.) Listen to her spout Democratic orthodoxy on the criminal justice system and everything else, for that matter. Listen to her sing the praises of Obamacare. Listen to her grating tone of voice. Bless us and save us, said Mrs. O’Davis.

(Snip)

Paul Mirengoff gave it up big time for Power Line readers to provide an excellent assessment of the proceedings. Paul will spare you the pain if your pain management discourages you from taking this in on your own.

DNC chief: Debates scheduled to 'maximize' candidates' exposure

Bradford Richardson

Jan. 17 2016

Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz on Sunday said she scheduled primary debates with the goal of maximizing media attention for the party's presidential candidates.

“I did my best to make sure, along with my staff and along with our debate partners, to come up with a schedule that we felt was going ... to maximize the opportunity for voters to see our candidates,” Wasserman Schultz said on CNN’s “Reliable Sources.”

Democrats have criticized the chairwoman, a congresswoman from Florida, for limiting the number of debates, accusing the party of displaying favoritism toward front-runner Hillary Clinton.

Wasserman Schultz said scheduling more debates would “take away” from opportunities for voters to see candidates in person on the campaign trail.

(Snip)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LMFAO.gif ...LMFAO.gif ....LMFAO.gif ....LMFAO.gif .....LMFAO.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVbPfdRakKE

Dems ignore national security in list of top priorities
Pete Kasperowicz
1/18/16

Hillary Clinton and the two other Democratic candidates for president said in Sunday night's debate that national security doesn't make any of their top priority lists.

The three candidates were asked what their top three priorities would be if elected president, and ignored national security despite growing fears that terrorist might slip into the United States, and that the country might be pulled into a long-term war overseas.

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., who is running as a Democrat, said his priorities would be healthcare for everyone, a $15 minimum wage, and creating new jobs through infrastructure spending.

Clinton named economic issues like jobs and equal pay for women, building on Obamacare, and finding ways to unite the country and end the "mean-spiritedness" seen in the last several years.

Former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley listed higher wages and letting illegal immigrants work, climate change, and a "new agenda" for U.S. cities.

(Snip)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

shockface_t296x200.jpg?e08c426e632c1b328