Marco Rubio: I can’t believe the damned media is talking about my damned boots

Valin

marco-rubio-i-cant-believe-the-media-is-talking-about-my-stylish-elegant-yet-manly-bootsHot Air:

Allahpundit

January 7, 2016

Consider this progress. Typically it’s only women candidates who are scrutinized for their fashion choices.

I skipped Bootgate yesterday because it was too stupid even for me, but on a slow news day, if Rubio’s going to talk about it, I guess we’ll talk about it.

mr1.jpg

“Let me get this right. ISIS is cutting people’s heads off, setting people on fire in cages, Saudi Arabia and Iran on the verge of a war, the Chinese are landing airplanes on islands that they built and say belong to them and what are international waters and in some ways territorial waters, our economy is flat-lined, the stock market is falling apart, but boy are we getting a lot of coverage about a pair of boots,” he said Thursday, grinning. “This is craziness. Have people lost their minds?”

Rubio was responding to a member of the audience — who said he is still undecided — during his rally in New Hampshire who said he was glad the Florida senator made “a better shoe choice today.” (Rubio was not wearing the infamous boots.)

“I’ve gotten a chuckle out of it. Who knows, they may make a comeback here soon. Stay tuned,” Rubio warned.

Here’s what the fuss is all about. It’s true that the media, specifically a reporter from (where else?) the New York Times, got the ball rolling, but I think this tweet from a non-journalist is what got under Rubio’s skin:

(Snip)

wallbash.gif

• Like 1

I agree though who cares.

Ditto Ted Cruz's citizenship...Chris Christie's weigh. To name but two that come to mind.

• Like 2

Ditto Ted Cruz's citizenship...Chris Christie's weigh. To name but two that come to mind.

or Carly's face.. However, I do care about what Trump says and do.. Even his moronic Tweets.

or Carly's face.. However, I do care about what Trump says and do.. Even his moronic Tweets.

That's the heart of his campaign...people paying attention to him. And why I don't....I have no interest in anything he has to say...except when he says he's getting out.

That's the heart of his campaign...people paying attention to him. And why I don't....I have no interest in anything he has to say...except when he says he's getting out.

Which I hope it happens after Iowa..

• Like 1

Keep a good thought! smile.png

• Like 1

Keep a good thought! smile.png

Happy thoughts!