Week ahead: House set to send ObamaCare repeal to White House

Valin

264719-congress-returns-for-latest-obamacare-repeal-voteThe Hill:

Cristina Marcos

January 05, 2016

Congress revs back into action on Tuesday for the election-year session, starting with another vote this week to repeal ObamaCare. The House returns Tuesday night for the first vote of 2016, which will be a simple quorum call to formally mark the start of the year’s session.

On Wednesday, the House will vote to undo the healthcare law and defund Planned Parenthood. But unlike the other 60-plus ObamaCare repeal votes since 2011, Wednesday’s vote will send the legislation to President Obama’s desk. Obama has said he will veto the Senate-passed measure, which was conducted under a budget process known as reconciliation that prevents a filibuster by the minority.

Republicans expect to hold votes attempting to override the president’s veto after Obama rejects the bill. But like other veto override attempts in this Congress, Republicans lack a two-thirds supermajority in either the House or Senate to force the president’s hand. GOP leaders are trying to frame the inaugural 2016 vote to repeal ObamaCare as a way to set their agenda for the year ahead of their joint House-Senate policy retreat in Baltimore next week.

(Snip)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also

Bill gutting ObamaCare would save half-trillion over a decade, CBO finds

Sarah Ferris

01/04/16

A GOP-led effort to repeal the biggest parts of ObamaCare would cost about $42 billion less than previously expected, saving more than a half-trillion dollars over a decade, the congressional budget scorekeeper said Monday.

Legislation to gut most of ObamaCare's mandates and taxes, known as Restoring Americans’ Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act, would reduce the deficit by $516 billion over 10 years, according to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

The bill is expected to get a vote in the House this week, and it has already been approved by the Senate. President Obama has said he would veto the bill.

(Snip)

I'm glad they did it even though it is going to be vetoed.

I blame the Evil Establishment Stooge Paul i hate the tea party Ryan.

• Like 1

I'm glad they did it even though it is going to be vetoed.

I blame the Evil Establishment Stooge Paul i hate the tea party Ryan.

Stupid Constitution..

Draggingtree
Obamacare Repealed! Well, Not Really

The King Prawn January 7, 2016 42 COMMENTS

House Speaker Paul Ryan announced today that H.R. 3762, Restoring Americans’ Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act, which repeals Obamacare and defunds Planned Parenthood, is headed to Obama’s desk.

According to Speaker Ryan:

For five years, Senate Democrats have blocked our efforts to repeal Obamacare. That ends today. With this vote, we are keeping a promise and putting a bill that repeals Obamacare and defunds Planned Parenthood on the president’s desk. This budget reconciliation bill, which would reduce the federal deficit by a half trillion dollars, forces the president to confront the failures of Obamacare head on. Scissors-32x32.png

https://ricochet.com/obamacare-repealed-well-not-really/