Live from Missouri Valley, it’s Ted Cruz

Valin

live-from-missouri-valley-its-ted-cruz.phpPower Line:

Scott Johnson

January 5, 2016

Nebraska attorney David Begley continues his series of reports for us on the appearances of the presidential candidates in Iowa. Last night Dave caught up with Senator Ted Cruz in Missouri Valley, Iowa. Senator Cruz is the current leader of the polls of Republican caucus goers in Iowa. Matt Flegenheimer’s brief New York Times report from Missouri Valley is here. Dave’s report is below:

It was a cold night at Penny’s Dinner in Missouri Valley, Iowa, and Senator Ted Cruz poured me a cup of coffee at 10:30 p.m. Gospel truth.

For those readers who think Senator Cruz suffers from a charisma deficit, please be advised that he rocked the house last night. If Senator Cruz were the point guard running the team in a tight basketball game, he would have been knocking down threes and passing the ball with skill. Offense, not defense.

(Snip)

The Senator’s stump speech was essentially the same as I reported from Council Bluffs. The format is his laundry list for his first day in office. He nailed his 11 points again. After every item the crowd cheered. He closed with his ’70’s analogy regarding Carter and Reagan. “We know how that story ends.”

Before the speech I had a nice chat with reporters from The New York Times and Washington Post. When Cruz bashed The Times, we exchanged smiles. Good fun.

The Senator worked the crowd in a patient, expert and friendly manner after a long day. He chatted with the youngsters and oldsters alike. This event was by far the most fun I have had on this project.

• Like 1

Draggingtree

Senior Newsweek Writer Compares Cruz Campaign To Nazis

By: Caleb Howe (Diary) | January 6th, 2016 at 11:02 AM

Alexander Nazaryan, senior writer for Newsweek, on social media Wednesday compared the Cruz campaign in Iowa to the Nazi Beer Hall Putsch in a gross Tweet featuring the Nazi swastika flag.

NAZIS-1.jpg

Image via Twitchy. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/2016/01/06/newsweek-writer-compares-cruz-campaign-nazis/

Alexander Nazaryan, senior writer for Newsweek, on social media Wednesday compared the Cruz campaign in Iowa to the Nazi Beer Hall Putsch in a gross Tweet featuring the Nazi swastika flag.

godwins_law_breached.jpg

• Like 1

Draggingtree

January 4, 2016

How Cruz Wins New Hampshire, and the Nomination

By Fritz Pettyjohn

It’s the ethanol, Sherlock.

Ted Cruz thinks he's going to win Iowa, and will compete for the nomination with whichever of the establishment candidates wins New Hampshire. But he's selling himself short. He should also win New Hampshire, allowing him to wrap up the nomination on March 1st.

For if he wins Iowa, he will have defeated the ethanol lobby. And beating Big Corn on its home turf is what can propel him to a win in New Hampshire.

People in New Hampshire hate ethanol. Ethanol is corrosive, it destroys engines. If ethanol-laced gasoline is more than a couple months old, it can't be used in high performance small engines. It is hydroscopic, attracting water, another problem with performance.

A lot of guys have a personal problem with ethanol. Go to any tavern in New Hampshire and you'll hear an earful. There's nothing worse than getting all rigged out with your chain saw, ready to rip, and your saw won't start. Your ports and jets have been clogged by residue released by the ethanol in your fuel, a solvent. So you haul your saw down to the mechanic, cursing ethanol the whole way. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/01/how_cruz_wins_new_hampshire_and_the_nomination.html

NAZIS-1.jpg

More Here

Gereghty-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580%2C

JOHN adds: The thing about liberals is, they are painfully stupid. This is a great example. This particular dimwit has no idea what fascism was all about, or what Ted Cruz stands for. He just lashed out in a typically ignorant liberal way. This is one of the reasons why we conservatives ultimately will defeat the Left: they are really, really dumb. They can delete a tweet, but that doesn’t delete their ignorance.

• Like 1

Draggingtree
1/6/2016

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 10:26 pm

Jazz Shaw has an inexcusably sloppy post at Hot Air bearing the misleading title Don’t look now, but Ted Cruz just caved on ethanol (Updated). As I will show in detail, Cruz has done no such thing — but Shaw, with his perch at Hot Air, is misleading an awful lot of people with his nonsensical post. What’s more, many people have called him on it, and he still has not retracted. It’s an important issue, at an important time, and he is giving aid and comfort to those who seek to bring down the best hope we have for limited government. So I’m not inclined to be kind.

Shaw starts off with a bit of unintended irony:

You know, it was just the other day when I was telling you about how effective Ted Cruz has been in Iowa in spite of his opposition to the Renewable Fuel Standard and related mandates by the government, particularly in the energy sector. I seem to recall using words like brave, or perhaps heroic. It was, I concluded, a potential game changer in terms of the power of King Corn and the ethanol lobby.

Well, there’s a sucker born every minute and apparently this time it was me.

Yes, Mr. Shaw, you certainly are playing a sucker — but not in the way you think. Scissors-32x32.png

http://patterico.com/2016/01/06/jazz-shaw-of-hot-air-accuses-ted-cruz-of-flip-flop-for-saying-what-he-has-always-said/