Holy Innocents Church in New York City

Valin

twelve-things-caught-my-eye-today-dec-30-2015National Review/The Corner:

Kathryn Jean Lopez

December 30, 2015

1. Earlier this week, I was at Holy Innocents Church in New York City where every year the Sisters of Life and Franciscan Friars of the Renewal lead a morning of prayer and reparation for the innocent lives abortion continues to end. At one of the other Masses there Monday, its patronal feast day, a priest said: People insist abortion be a choice. It is a lie, he said. Pray for people who believe the lie that abortion is a solution to a problem, instead of the death of a precious, innocent life, was his prayer.

As a year that has so much of bright light shone on the darkness of the culture of death that still has a stranglehold on our culture and politics winds down, pray for the women who have believed the lie that it is their only option and all women and men affected by the evil of abortion.

And let’s all do more to help women and men see they can embrace life by helping them to (in New York City, I think of places like Avail and the Gianna Center, Good Counsel and now FEMM). By helping give them what they need.

(Snip)