Top 5 Moments In History That Need To Be Revised

Draggingtree

top-5-historical-moments-that-need-revising:

Henry Ford was right: ‘History is more or less bunk. It's tradition. We don't want tradition. We want to live in the present and the only history that is worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today.’

By Patrick Fletchall / DECEMBER 29, 2015

The purpose of the modern university is no longer about creating an intellectual space; it is now devoted to rooting out social injustices while reexamining and rewriting history through a progressive lens. Whether removing statues of historical figures whose existence offends, or teaching how 9/11 was America’s fault, universities across the nation are rolling up their sleeves to scrub history clean.

Whereas the challenge used to be removing bias in historical research, the historian is now tasked with making students feel better about their race’s contributions to history. Thus, in the spirit of the times, here are the top five moments in history that could be revised with a progressive philosophy. Trigger warning: History.

1. The Signing of the Declaration of Independence

The Declaration of Independence is the most racist, sexist, and bigoted document written since Hammurabi’s Code Scissors-32x32.png

top-5-historical-moments-that-need-revising:

Top 5 Moments In History That Need To Be Revised

Henry Ford was right: ‘History is more or less bunk. It's tradition. We don't want tradition. We want to live in the present and the only history that is worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today.’

Alas to many people "think" this way. (I use the word Think in its loosest sense). IMO a lot of them blame can be put on the writers of history books, who very often go out of their way to make their subject as boring or dense as possible.

here endth rant #916,712

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Notre Dame Hosts Black Lives Matter Event And Offers Class on White Privilege

Posted by Aleister Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 2:00pm

It seems like many Catholic schools have been taken over by progressives. This is just the latest example.

The College Fix reports.

Notre Dame hosts Black Lives Matter event, offers ‘white privilege’ class

For the second consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame is offering a class on “white privilege” – designed to teach students about “oppression” – and earlier this week hosted a Black Lives Matter event that touted transfeminism over Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and referred to police as a “big enemy.”

At the event, Opal Tometi and Patrisse Cullors, co-founders of the Black Lives Matter movement, told students at the private, Catholic university that the days of Martin Luther King as an African American hero are passé Scissors-32x32.png

http://collegeinsurrection.com/2016/01/notre-dame-hosts-black-lives-matter-event-and-offers-class-on-white-privilege/

• 4 weeks later...

February 17, 2016

Neanderthal Lives Matter!

By Jonathan F. Keiler

There is a synergy in our interconnected, media-saturated world that a prehistoric human being might not recognize, but that a modern Neanderthal-American, such has your humble correspondent, can appreciate and report. For I am, and some of you are, not only a person of mixed race, but a rather uniquely oppressed part proto-human minority, ignored, mocked, subjected to genocide (or whatever it you call it with Neanderthals), and in need of redress – um, I mean money.

First off, although I have not had my genome mapped (and have no intention of doing so, lest I find a truncated lifeline), new evidence suggests that I belong to that minority of Americans with Neanderthal DNA. Evidently, my ancestors moved into Europe some hundreds of thousands of years ago, some time before homo sapiens evolved, and there, besides admiring each other's heavy brow bones and dense, manly musculature, we developed certain traits that allowed us to prosper in colder, low-sunlight climes, well before global warming made everything better – oh, I mean much, much worse. I have green eyes, light skin, and most significantly a tendency to develop actinic keratosis.

Neanderthal lives mattered, too, not that the other 98% of the human genome cares today. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/02/neanderthal_lives_matter.html