It sure looks like Trey Gowdy’s about to endorse Marco Rubio

Valin

it-sure-looks-like-trey-gowdys-about-to-endorse-marco-rubioHot Air: Allahpundit

December 23, 2015

Via the IJ Review. Right around the time I was writing this post last night about the center-right needing some big endorsements to give Rubio a push, NBCs Alex Jaffe was tweeting about something curious she noticed on Rubios campaign website. An event scheduled for next Wednesday in Pella, Iowa, had initially been billed as a town hall with Rubio and Trey Gowdy but then had been quietly changed to Rubio and special guest. Hmmmm. Whats Trey Gowdy, chairman of the Benghazi committee and a rare GOP congressman whos popular with the grassroots right, doing at a Rubio event in a key early state?

Jaffe then pointed to this quote from a story she wrote over the weekend about Rubios latest trip to Gowdys home state:

Gowdy met [Rubio] when he landed in South Carolina and came to introduce him at his first event of the day, in Spartanburg, telling the crowd I havent seen anyone that does a better job of communicating principled conservatism in a hopeful way. In Anderson, both were joined by [sen. Tim] Scott, who introduced Rubio as inspiring, hopeful and having an amazing story.

Wait, Gowdy and tea-party star Tim Scott are doing Rubio events? Indeed they are, and Rubios campaign website hasnt been shy about noting it. Watch the clip below for Gowdys intro of Rubio at his rally in SC on Saturday. He was scheduled to do a fundraiser for Rubio in Dallas in September but ended up backing out a few weeks before. Gowdy told NRO last month that he doesnt officially endorse candidates, but that might be changing. Heres what he told Jaffe this weekend:

(Snip)

CWnVHUUWUAAWFbZ.jpg

(Snip)

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

"@Sir_Max: andreajmarkley: Rubio finally gets an endorsement – from #Benghazi loser Gowdy #Tcot #pjnet http://www.dailynewsbin.com/opinion/marco-rubio-finally-gets-an-endorsement-from-benghazi-loser-trey-gowdy/23364/ … via dailyne

6:37 AM - 27 Dec 2015

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

"@mitchellvii: Face it, Trey Gowdy failed miserably on Benghazi. He allowed it to drag out and in the end, let Hillary get away with murder.

6:45 AM - 27 Dec 2015

H/T The Right Scoop

TOS I must Share The Pain.

What we see from TOS is more proof that someone can be both conservative & dumber than dirt....at the same time.

Video: Chaffetz endorses Rubio, will join him in campaigning
Ed Morrissey
January 6, 2016

First Trey Gowdy, and now Jason Chaffetz. Marco Rubio seems to be gaining most of the endorsements from the newer vanguard of Congressional Republicans, and the endorsements stand in contrast to the lack of same for his colleague Ted Cruz. But will this help Rubio, or just not matter in a very unusual primary environment?

“Marco Rubio – he is the real thing. He is a great conservative. He has a great record and I think he would be just an amazing president,” Chaffetz says in this NBC News exclusive. “I think as people firm up their decisions, they’ve got to take a good hard look at all the candidates. I am not going to tell them who to vote for but I’ve looked at them all and I think Marco Rubio is the right person.”

(Snip)

___________________________________________________________________________________

Chaffetz is another paid off back stabbing RINO. I have no use for him.

Mr. Arrogant on January 6, 2016 at 8:05 PM

Edited by Valin
From The Comments