US AND THEM

Draggingtree

us-and-themPatterico :
12/16/2015

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 7:52 am

Last night, watching the debate, I witnessed a bizarre interchange in which Hugh Hewitt appeared to assert that it is a necessary qualification for the presidency of the U.S. that one be willing to kill “thousands” of “innocent children.” I figured I would wait to blog it until I could see a transcript, since I could hardly believe I had heard it correctly. Newsbusters has the video and transcript:

Scissors-32x32.png

In Defense of Hugh Hewitt and Ben Carson

By: Joe Cunningham (Diary) | December 16th, 2015 at 04:30 PM

Last night, the crowd booed Hugh Hewitt for a question he asked of Ben Carson regarding the less glamorous side of war. In an exchange with Carson on engaging in the Middle East, he asked if Carson is okay with killing “thousands of kids” rather than using drone strikes to take out the enemy in limited strikes. Carson, who made his name in medicine by being a pediatric neurosurgeon, didn’t seem too flustered, but the crowd sure was.

Perhaps the phrasing of Hewitt’s question was a bit too harsh, or perhaps a bit simple given the various factors involved in engaging in warfare, but the underlying point – that there are unintended casualties in war – is a good question to ask of someone whose life prior to running for president has been all about saving people. Scissors-32x32.png

My thought's Hugh was out of line

http://www.redstate.com/2015/12/16/defense-hugh-hewitt/