Ted Cruz uses the establishment’s own trick against them

Draggingtree

ted-cruz-uses-establishments-trickRedState: Ted Cruz uses the establishment’s own trick against them

By: Neil Stevens (Diary) | December 16th, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Pandering: It’s an age-old political trick that is a staple of politics in America. Going back to before the present political alignment, the parties would say whatever it took, to whoever they had to, in order to forge a winning political coalition.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) 100% is taking a lot of heat for his debate performance last night, but I believe he’s playing the game intelligently: He’s looking to build a coalition of the willing to make DC listen and defeat the entrenched establishments of both parties.

I like Ted Cruz, and he’s been a friend of this site for a long time. He spoke at our first Gathering when he was still Solicitor General of Texas, with no clear path to higher office. He’s an impressive defender of conservative ideas and policies.

So many of us have been shocked by what he’s been doing over the last year. And no matter how much my friends and colleagues seem to doubt it, and think Ted Cruz is going off the rails, I think his plan makes sense. Let’s walk through what he’s doing and why.