McConnell, you must choose between Cruz and Trump

Draggingtree

mcconnell-must-choose-cruz-trumpRedState: McConnell, you must choose between Cruz and Trump

By: chadb (Diary) | December 4th, 2015 at 01:02 PM

Let’s start with dark horse candidates. First off, a dark horse needs to have low name recognition and not have been already rejected. Consider Santorum in 2012. When Iowa went to vote there was little known about him and he had risen from ~2% in the polls not long before. Several other candidates had peaked and slumped before Santorum. Interestingly nobody peaked twice. That is, once rejected you stay rejected. This means that Bush truly is out, he has been considered and rejected. Also out are Carson, Huckabee, Santorum, Christie, Paul, and Fiornia. All of these candidates are either widely known or have been considered and rejected (either this cycle or previously). This leaves in consideration Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Graham, Kasich, and Pataki.

While there have been many thoughts about Trump’s lead all of them discuss a general hatred for the D.C. elite and Establishment Republicans. Of those listed above Graham, Kasich and Pataki are as establishment and elitist as they come. These three are not getting traction. This leaves only three who are still under consideration by the public: Cruz, Trump, and Rubio Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtree

This is if things continue as they are now. It is a mess. Currently there are conservatives and evangelicals behind Cruz, establishment and moderates behind Rubio,

Let me just state here and now, as someone who conservatives and evangelical, if my choice is Cruz or Rubio...Marco's my man. Why? 2 words national security, Cruz is too Libertarian for me.

If the choice is DT or Cruz....3 guesses which way I go. biggrin.png

@Draggingtree

This is if things continue as they are now. It is a mess. Currently there are conservatives and evangelicals behind Cruz, establishment and moderates behind Rubio,

Let me just state here and now, as someone who conservatives and evangelical, if my choice is Cruz or Rubio...Marco's my man. Why? 2 words national security, Cruz is too Libertarian for me.

Well I'm not ready to let go, leaning Cruz, I still have thoughts about the "gang" of eight and who was in it and why

Important Senate test vote: Only ten Senators vote to limit visas from jihad terror-producing countries

Posted by Ann Corcoran on December 4, 2015

Julia Hahn writing at Breitbart tells us what happened here.

If yours is one of the brave ten be sure to thank them! (They are mentioned in Hahn’s story below but I put them right here on top so you wouldn’t have to look far).

Rand Paul

Jeff Sessions

Mike Lee

David Vitter

John Barrasso

Mike Enzi

Mark Kirk

Jerry Moran

Richard Shelby

Ted Cruz

Scissors-32x32.png

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2015/12/04/important-senate-test-vote-only-ten-senators-vote-to-limit-visas-from-jihad-terror-producing-countries/

@Draggingtree

Well I'm not ready to let go, leaning Cruz, I still have thoughts about the "gang" of eight and who was in it and why

Understand. I've moved on.

@Draggingtree

Understand. I've moved on.

"But" where is Rubio's name ? oh that's right he's the national security person LMFAO.gif