Thoughts from the ammo line

Valin

thoughts-from-the-ammo-line-91.phpPower Line:

Scott Johnson

December 4, 2015

Every week I plan to work out with weights on three alternating days. Most weeks I actually do it once or twice. I want to stay strong enough to rack the slide on my Sig Sauer P227 .45. Not to mention carry my go-bag filled with my three favorite guns and several boxes of ammo in various calibers. My weight workout usually takes about 30-35 minutes, so you can readily see how a person such as myself, retired, an indifferent housekeeper, responsible for a once-weekly column that may run to several paragraphs, could have difficulty finding that crazy kind of leisure time in any given day.

Most days the intention to work out goes the same way as my intention to learn Spanish. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. And getting weaker by the minute. Especially in the triceps area.

(Snip)

During those months, I like to walk at Walmart. Seven times around the inside perimeter is about three miles. Not only is it temperature-controlled, but there are drinking fountains, multiple bathrooms for when you’ve overdone the drinking fountains, and doughnuts to keep your spirits up. There are also many inspiring examples of what one could look like if one does not work out. Many. Perhaps I serve as a cautionary example to someone else.

Our little Geezer Enclave in the Dusty Little Village (DLV) also has a very nice swimming pool. I do swim sometimes anticipating the glad day when the 100-Meter Flail becomes a sport in the Olympics. Reserve my spot on the winners’ platform! Many of my fellow Geezer-Americans prefer to just stand in the pool and chat, blocking all the lanes for swimming laps. Which reminds me again it’s time to tackle Moby Dick.

Thank you, @Valin. I needed a reason to chuckle.

We all do.

"It is also ever thus with my Bucket List resolution to reread Moby Dick, without skipping the boring technical parts about the ship or the stupid whale this time. Mr. Ammo Grrrll assures me that it is a great book and I will like it better than I did in 11th grade. Though long ago he did put the ki-bosh on my suggestion that we name our first-born child Queequeg. How cool would that be to have a name with not one, but two, “q’s”?"

Thank you, @Valin. I needed a reason to chuckle.

We all do.

"It is also ever thus with my Bucket List resolution to reread Moby Dick, without skipping the boring technical parts about the ship or the stupid whale this time. Mr. Ammo Grrrll assures me that it is a great book and I will like it better than I did in 11th grade. Though long ago he did put the ki-bosh on my suggestion that we name our first-born child Queequeg. How cool would that be to have a name with not one, but two, “q’s”?"

laugh.png Made me laugh again.