Portland police officer removed from street after Twitter message about Black Lives Matter

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
portland_police_officer_remove.htmlOregon Live:

A Portland police officer who wrote a Twitter message complaining that he'd be stuck late at work Friday night "to babysit these fools,'' referring to a planned Black Lives Matter-Not Black Friday march at Lloyd Center, has been taken off the street while an internal investigation proceeds.

Portland police Acting Chief Donna Henderson, filling in for Chief Larry O'Dea who is off until next week, announced the investigation Tuesday afternoon in a news release.

"I am highly offended, and I think other people should be,'' said Teressa Raiford, a community activist involved in Don't Shoot Portland. "I think it's very unprofessional, especially someone in his position.''

Officer John Hurlman, a 24-year bureau veteran, removed the post from his Twitter feed, but a screen shot was caught by others.

His message read, "Black Lives Matter is planning to protest at Lloyd Center on black Friday. Oh joy, stuck late again at work to babysit these fools."

Henderson said she learned of the message on Tuesday. Hurlman did not return a phone message for comment.

"This post is in no way a reflection of how members of the Portland Police Bureau view these community groups or their peaceful expression of free speech,'' Henderson said, in a prepared statement.

________

But it does reflect the way a majority of sane people view them...