A Definitive Debunking of Donald Trump’s 9/11 Claims

Valin

a-definitive-debunking-of-donald-trumps-9-11-claims.html?smid=tw-share&referer=NY Times:

JIM DWYER

Nov. 24 2015

How alarmed were New Jersey officials by reports of Muslims dancing in the streets of Jersey City and Paterson on Sept. 11, 2001, to celebrate the destruction of the World Trade Center?

They feared riots would break out and were ready to send in the National Guard and the State Police to preserve order.

But John J. Farmer Jr., then the New Jersey attorney general and the state’s chief law enforcement officer, said on Tuesday that he ordered an investigation that very day and found the reports to be bogus, more wild stories born in the stricken hours after the attacks.

Nevertheless, those ancient, false rumors were recycled as truth over the weekend by Donald J. Trump, who has folded them into his calls for the national registration of Muslims and possible closing of mosques. Speaking in Alabama, Mr. Trump said: “Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.”

(Snip)

Indeed, pockets of radical Islamists had set up in Jersey City in the past. The 1993 World Trade Center bombers rented a van and stored chemicals and fertilizers in that city.

Open jubilation at the mass death, Mr. Farmer said, might quickly be followed by rioting and more deaths. “If true, we would have had to mobilize the State Police and National Guard and locked the place down,” he said.

“We followed up on that report instantly because of its implications,” he added. “The word came back quickly from Jersey City, later from Paterson. False report. Never happened.”

(Snip)

H/T Stephen Hayes Well know lackey for the (cue the theme from Jaws) Establishment GOPe

It will be interesting to see the impacts. When you are at 30% or so in almost every poll with this many candidates, a lot more than "t-bots" like you, or hate everyone else more.

It will be interesting to see the impacts. When you are at 30% or so in almost every poll with this many candidates, a lot more than "t-bots" like you, or hate everyone else more.

Is this 30% the ceiling? If you're at 30%, this means 70% don't, support you. IMO for the hard core Trump supporters it won't matter, nothing he says or does matters.

Is this 30% the ceiling? If you're at 30%, this means 70% don't, support you. IMO for the hard core Trump supporters it won't matter, nothing he says or does matters.

I sort of doubt 30% is the ceiling in watching him "perform" at rallies and such. He has a "gift" of connecting with the crowds even if he is not PC and makes mistakes (hard not to unscripted and no teleprompters for 90minutes). I think a reasonable percentage of Carson/Fiorina/Cruz/Paul voters would go to him if they drop out. The opposite is probably true if he drops out.

Thing is he does not need more than 30% to win the nomination with this many candidates. If no other candidate can win more than a state (and right now that looks doubtful 3 months or more out), then he would likely get enough winner take all states to command the convention. I think the supposed upcoming effort by the other GOP candidates and from what articles seem to say the GOP itself to launch an attack campaign against him will decide it. They need to take his numbers down so he is leading in less than 1/2 the primary states.

Very strange cycle here. Several of the governors (experienced and sane) I was rooting for are out. I personally don't think Cruz can win a general even against Hillary. Rubio has no experience and by all accounts has some sleazy stuff in his limited political career. Carson seems off to me. Fiorina is losing traction. Trump is scary with too quick temper. Jeb is an absolute nothing and better not be "forced" upon us. Kasich.... Yikes.

I sort of doubt 30% is the ceiling in watching him "perform" at rallies and such. He has a "gift" of connecting with the crowds even if he is not PC and makes mistakes (hard not to unscripted and no teleprompters for 90minutes).

What I find interesting is other candidates (Ted, Marco, Chris, Carley) don't seem to have a problem with this......making mistakes....all the time.

I've made no bones about it I don't like DT. He'd be a bad nominee, and if (god forbid) he became President, he's be bad for the nation, and the GOP.