Major Hillary Clinton Donor Urges ‘More Scrutiny’ of Muslims

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
?_r=0NY Times:

Haim Saban, a Hollywood mogul and Israel hawk who is one of Hillary Rodham Clinton’s biggest backers, suggested there should be “more scrutiny” of Muslims in the wake of the terrorist attacks in Paris.

But Mr. Saban, in an interview with the Hollywood news website The Wrap, said he believes the violence can only help Mrs. Clinton, the former secretary of state who enjoys a comfortable lead in polls of the Democratic presidential field.

Mr. Saban was blunt about how his colleagues in Hollywood view the national landscape after the terror attacks in France. His remarks were published on the eve of a national security speech that Mrs. Clinton is giving about how to confront the Islamic State and terrorism in general.

“Many members of the Hollywood community are very liberal and they value their civil liberties more than they value life,” Mr. Saban said. “I disagree with that. You want to be free and dead? I’d rather be not free and alive.”

He went on to say that things that are “are unacceptable in times of peace — such as profiling, listening in on anyone and everybody who looks suspicious, or interviewing Muslims in a more intense way than interviewing Christian refugees — is all acceptable” during war. “Why? Because we value life more than our civil liberties and it’s temporary until the problem goes away. But to say this is shameful — I disagree.”

“I’m not suggesting we put Muslims through some kind of a torture room to get them to admit that they are or they’re not terrorists,” Mr. Saban said. “But I am saying we should have more scrutiny.”

________

Breaking with the Queen?