France's Politically Correct War on Islamic Terror

Geee

france-politically-correct-war-on-islamic-terrorGatestone Institute:

French President François Hollande has vowed to avenge the November 13 jihadist attacks in Paris that left more than 120 dead and 350 injured.

Speaking from the Élysée Palace, Hollande blamed the Islamic State for the attacks, which he called an "act of war." He said the response from France would be "unforgiving" and "merciless."

Despite the tough rhetoric, however, the question remains: Does Hollande understand the true nature of the war he faces?

Hollande pointedly referred to the Islamic State as "Daesh," the acronym of the group's full Arabic name, which in English translates as "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant," or "ISIL."

The official policy of the French government is to avoid using the term "Islamic State" because, according to French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius, it "blurs the lines between Islam, Muslims and Islamists."

Critics of the policy say "Daesh" is a politically correct linguistic device that allows Western leaders to claim that the Islamic State is not Islamic -- and thus ignore the root cause of Islamic terror and militant jihad.

Islamic ideology divides the world into two spheres: the House of Islam and the House of War. The House of War (the non-Muslim world) is subject to permanent jihad until it is made part of the House of Islam, where Sharia is the law of the land.

Scissors-32x32.png

france-politically-correct-war-on-islamic-terror:

Hollande pointedly referred to the Islamic State as "Daesh," the acronym of the group's full Arabic name, which in English translates as "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant," or "ISIL."

The official policy of the French government is to avoid using the term "Islamic State" because, according to French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius, it "blurs the lines between Islam, Muslims and Islamists."

Critics of the policy say "Daesh" is a politically correct linguistic device that allows Western leaders to claim that the Islamic State is not Islamic -- and thus ignore the root cause of Islamic terror and militant jihad.

Scissors-32x32.png

Soeren, could you please give me an (expletive expletive expletive) Break!

What we see here is a classic example of how someone can be correct most of the time and still say world class stupid things. wallbash.gif

I was just thinking this morning that I wish OUR officials would get on the same page already. National Security Brennan calls them ISIL, Obama calls them ISIS and Kerry calls them Daesh. Can't they at least all use the same term??? It only enforces the fact that their policy is all over the place also.!!

I was just thinking this morning that I wish OUR officials would get on the same page already. National Security Brennan calls them ISIL, Obama calls them ISIS and Kerry calls them Daesh. Can't they at least all use the same term??? It only enforces the fact that their policy is all over the place also.!!

That would be nice