Beinart: I’d Be Darned If Democrats Had One Clear Line On Fighting Terrorism

Valin

beinart-id-be-darned-if-democrats-had-one-clear-line-on-fighting-terrorismWashington Free Beacon:

Daniel Bassali

November 15, 2015

Liberal commentator Peter Beinart offered a harsh critique of all the Democratic candidates’ answers on terrorism during the debate Saturday night, saying they did not offer any tangible solutions to defeating the Islamic State.

“I say this as a liberal, I would be concerned as a Democrat about the entire terrorism part of this debate,” Beinart said.

The crux of Beinart’s argument is that Republicans offer a clearer, more decisive vision for defeating the Islamic State than all three Democratic candidates.

“The Republican line, whatever you think about it, is very clear. It’s that we left Iraq, the terrorists filled a vacuum, we retreated from the world, now they are going after us,” Beinart said. “I would be darned to listen to all three of those candidates to discern a clear Democratic line of how you’re actually going to fight terrorism. They were very vague, very non-specific, and I think they have a lot of work to do.”

(Snip)

So here is today's action...

France Bombs Islamic State HQ,

Sounds like it is not a new HQ, and everyone knows about it. Why after a year of "fighting" are "we" just now deciding to bomb it?

I've thought a multi national airborne drop on Raqqa might be a good thing. sending a message.

The problem in Syria today is finding the good guys....or at least the less bad guys. There was in 2011 around an 8 week window of opportunity to act and we didn't. So here we are today.