If Cruz wins could he win?

Draggingtree

cruz-wins-winRedState: If Cruz wins could he win?

By: chadb (Diary) | October 26th, 2015 at 10:59 AM

So, I like Cruz. I had an open diary about why I should change my opinion towards Trump. In the comments (waaaayyy more than I was expecting) the argument came down to two points:

1. Cruz has better positions, but Trump is more likely to achieve his goals

2. Trump is more electable. Not that he is more likable, but that he is more likely to do whatever it takes to win.

First, I always want to address arguments on their strengths, not their weaknesses. There will be no adhominem, no straw man arguments here. I do want to address these two issues in order (one in this diary, the other in the next). Let’s look at Cruz’ goals.

Obama’s goal included introducing a structural change to the entire healthcare system. A lot of people consider reversing that as Cruz’ platform. While it is something he would like, he recognizes that requires Congressional action. When he talks about the things he guarantees he will do it includes: Scissors-32x32.png

If Cruz wins could he win: Part 2 Electability The Other half

By: chadb (Diary) | October 30th, 2015 at 08:29 AM

So I am interested in why people support Donald Trump. When the question was posed here the main answers were two fold:

1. Cruz cannot win the general election

2. If Cruz was elected he wouldn’t win any fights

I addressed #2 in my last diary. Basically Cruz is starting from the position that he will use executive authority to its fullest legalextent to advance the conservative cause, before even touching Congressional action. There are many battles that he could win that way before ever coming to Congress. Also, we can be assured he would veto bad legislation even if it means shutting down the government.

Now for electability. Let’s keep in mind that the Democratic ticket will not be headed by Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, or John F. Kennedy. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/diary/chadb/2015/10/30/cruz-wins-win-part-2-electability/

• Like 1