DEMOCRATS PRAISE RYAN: ‘SOUNDED AN AWFUL LOT LIKE A DEMOCRAT SPEAKING’

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
democrats-praise-ryan-sounded-awful-lot-like-democrat-speakingBreitbart:

Speaker of the House Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI)58%

’s debut speech was very well-received by Democrats, which will not do much to assuage conservative critics.

Granted, an incoming Speaker generally hits bipartisan notes, and the other party always reads too much into such rhetorical flourishes, so they can complain later that the Speaker wasn’t as bipartisan as he promised.

“It sounded an awful lot like a Democrat speaking,” proclaimed Democratic Caucus vice-chairman Rep. Joseph Crowley (D-NY)15%

, as quoted by The Hill. “I think he’s a good person and a decent guy. That came through, I think, today.”

But Crowley continued, “The message is good. It’s really a question of how that’s followed through and how that actually happens, and whether it actually happens.” He waited about ten seconds to lay down the “disappointed Democrat who expected so much more bipartisanship” marker.

Congressional Black Caucus chair G.K. Butterfield (D-NC) described Ryan’s speech as “aspirational,” saying the new Speaker “seemed to suggest that he wants to work in a bipartisan way, and I believe if he delivers on that commitment we’re going to have a better Congress and a better America.”

Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT)22%

praised Ryan for adopting the Democrat “frame of reference.”

“The frame of reference that he had there this morning says that we have people in this nation who are struggling economically,” said DeLauro. “Their jobs don’t pay them enough, [and] wages have been stagnant for 30 years. He talked about the many and not the few. And so far, the few have benefited so mightily and the many have not. My hope is that this reflects a change in public policy.”

________

Paul Ryan's fan club...