Rep. Paul Ryan Elected Speaker of the House

Valin

rep-paul-ryan-likely-be-elected-next-house-speaker-n453696NBC:

Oct 29 2015

Wisconsin Republican Rep. Paul Ryan was elected on Thursday to serve as the next speaker of the House — a vote that followed weeks of uncertainty and came on the heels of the House passage of a sweeping two-year bipartisan budget deal.

Ryan is expected to call for a renewed effort to make the House function as a great deliberative body again. And he asked members to put the concerns of working families front and center.

"We have nothing to fear from honest differences honestly stated," Ryan was expected to say in prepared remarks. "If you have ideas, let's hear them. A greater clarity between us can lead to a greater charity among us."

(Snip)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r9u9Z88ojY

As you know @Valin, I am not happy about this. This good and honest man has been my congressman for many years now and he will get no appreciation for this. He will be ripped to shreds by both sides. The speakership USED to be a respected position in the 'olden days' when opponents respected one another and did not consider every difference of opinion as a duel to the death. Think about the fate of the last 5 or 6 speakers and where are they now? If this 'senior citizen' has to pinpoint when this difference started to take place - it is when we started to televise the proceedings of Congress and everyone became a star and had to put on a 'performance.'

@Geee

This good and honest man has been my congressman for many years now and he will get no appreciation for this. He will be ripped to shreds by both sides.

I was over at TOS...it's already begun.

I've said over and over, I don't know why anyone in their right mind would want the job.

PS: We might want to keep him in our prayers.

Edited by Valin
PS
  • Like 1

Interesting comments in today's Brett Baier round table. They are optimistic about the young people in the Republican party.

• Like 1

Interesting comments in today's Brett Baier round table. They are optimistic about the young people in the Republican party.

This?

Bonus