Outrageous media bias yields good night for most GOP candidates

Valin

outrageous-media-bias-yields-good-night-for-most-gop-candidates.phpPower Line:

Paul Mirengoff

October 28, 2015

Let’s start by identifying the two biggest losers of tonight’s GOP presidential debate. They are CNBC (along with the mainstream media in general) and Jeb Bush. But since CNBC isn’t running for president, I guess Bush is the biggest loser.

The winners tonight were the candidates who most effectively trounced the blatantly biased CNBC moderators. Heading that list are Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio. Honorable mention (and I do mean honorable) goes to nearly everyone else on the stage, but especially Chris Christie, Carly Fiorina, Ben Carson, and Mike Huckabee.

I knew the MSM had overreached very early on when my wife, a non-Republican who can’t stand Donald Trump, said of John Harwood’s suggestion that Trump is running a “comic book” campaign: “What kind of a question is that?” She repeated the same basic sentiment at several points in the segment before the first break.

Under these circumstances, the winners were always going to be the candidates who, Newt Gingrich style, went after the questioners.

(Snip)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok I only watched clips tonight, but from what little I saw CNBC should be ashamed of them selves. If I didn't know better I would have thought it was The Young Turks (Crazy) Ed Schultz and Rachel Smirks Maddow doing the questioning.

CNBC’s really bad debate night
Aaron Blake
October 28

Before the candidates even took the stage at Wednesday night's Republican presidential debate, the network hosting the debate was getting pilloried on social media.

As the 8 o'clock Eastern start time came and went, CNBC's pre-debate pundits kept droning on. And on. And on. It wasn't clear why. There was no countdown clock on the screen or indication of when the show might begin.

A sampling of the reaction:

(Snip)

Patton Oswalt @pattonoswalt

I've taken a drink every time the @CNBC anchors said "ascending" and now I'm Judy Garland. #GOPDebate
5:11 PM - 28 Oct 2015

Once things got going, it didn't get much better. The candidates took turns ragging on the moderators for their questions and quibbled with their premises and facts. Sometimes, we would note, this was without good reason to, as when Donald Trump said he hadn't called Marco Rubio Mark Zuckerberg's "personal senator." He had. On his Web site. And going after the mainstream media is a tried-and-true GOP applause line that most candidates employed at one point or another.

But when Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) took an entire 60 seconds he had to denounce the debate moderators, he found some unlikely allies. Including the aforementioned Patton Oswalt and left-leaning comedian Bill Maher.

Patton Oswalt @pattonoswalt

I hate Ted Cruz with the power of a million chainsaws revving but I agree with everything he just said. #GOPDebate

5:46 PM - 28 Oct 2015

oh my god did i just hear Ted Cruz say something awesome that i agree with? Yes. The media is even stupider than the pols. Who's on first?

5:47 PM - 28 Oct 2015

(Snip)