America’s Test: Imagining a Clinton Versus Carson Election

Valin

?singlepage=truePJ Media:

Roger L Simon

OCTOBER 24, 2015

When I read Ben Carson’s phone interview with the Des Moines Register today, taken after Carson suddenly jumped ahead of Donald Trump in two Iowa polls by significant numbers, it got me speculating on the “what if” possibility of a Hillary-Carson election.

(Snip)

I know that sounds Manichean, but there is no question that Carson is the kind of person the Founders had in mind to lead our country, the private citizen who had led a noble life come to serve the public, a soft-spoken American Cincinnatus from Johns Hopkins by way of the Detroit ghetto. Yes, they might have been surprised to find that he is black, but I suspect some of them would not have been that surprised. And, although you may not agree with everything Carson says, it’s clear his convictions come from the heart. They are not “political.”

Hillary Clinton is the antithesis. Deep down, everyone knows it. The question is, will they acknowledge it? Will they have the courage to overcome their ingrained traditions and a liberal media that will be threatened by Carson as they have been by no one in our lifetimes? He represents everything they can’t accept — a black man who pulled himself by his bootstraps to accomplish more than they could ever dream of without swallowing their cant, indeed while contradicting it. He is also an exceptionally moral man who would be standing next to a woman who has lived a totally immoral life, lying and conniving first in the defense of her lying and conniving husband and then of herself.

What a contrast. What a test for America. Who knows? Maybe it will even happen.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

ABT! (Anyone But Trump)