Republicans' Six Big Mistakes In The Benghazi Hearing

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

republicans-six-big-mistakes-benghazi-hearing:

Republicans demonstrated clearly on Thursday that Hillary Clinton lied routinely and repeatedly about events leading up to and following the terrorist attacks in Benghazi on September 11, 2012.

But the media have declared Hillary the big victor.

That was pre-ordained, of course; as I wrote last night, Vice President Joe Biden’s withdrawal made it inevitable that the media would coronate Hillary and then protect their liege.

That doesn’t mean Republicans did a good job. They made a number of key errors that helped the media cast Hillary as a victim rather than the perpetrator of one of the worst State Department fiascos in American history.

________

What went wrong at the hearing.

Congressman Jim Jordan On Yesterday’s Benghazi Hearing
Hugh Hewitt
Friday, October 23, 2015

Audio

(Snip)

HH: You have 20 witnesses left.

JJ: Yeah.

HH: Who are among those witnesses?

JJ: Well, there’ll be some in the Department of Defense areas, there’ll be some in the intelligence area. We will continue to do that, but the other thing you’ve got to remember is we just got some, in the past week, 5,000 pages of emails from Chris Stevens, so we’re just now getting the Ambassador’s emails. That’s unbelievable that you would, the Democrats say you know, this should have been done a long time ago. Well, we would have like to have finished this up and had conclusions and closure and some truth for the American people, but it’s tough to do that, frankly, and we keep saying this, and it’s the truth. The frustration level is so high, because the State Department and this administration drag their feet and put up roadblocks to make it that difficult for us to get the information we need.

HH: No, I think that came through. I am curious about more information, not less. Are you going to speak with former Secretary of Defense Panetta and former CIA director Petraeus? Or have you already done so?

JJ: That hasn’t been announced, but I think that is, I think that needs to happen, and I think that’s where Chairman Gowdy is inclined to move based on the conversations he’s had with us on the Committee

(Snip)