Death of US soldier in Iraq will not be classified as combat

Draggingtree

death-us-soldier-iraq-will-classified-combatRedState: Death of US soldier in Iraq will not be classified as combat they told me if I voted for Mitt Romney that American soldiers would continue to die in Iraq

By: streiff (Diary) | October 22nd, 2015 at 05:00 PM

Early Thursday morning, Iraq time, a unit of Kurd commandos with US advisors (I’m presuming Special Forces) raided an ISIS installation to free a large number of prisoners being held there, including about three dozen Iraqi government soldiers. In the course of the raid, one American was killed.

Scissors-32x32.png

To the untrained observer this sounds pretty cut and dried as a combat casualty. But to a member of a US military that has been deeply and perhaps permanently corrupted by a regime that called the Fort Hood terror attack “workplace violence”, this was not combat at all.

Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/2015/10/22/death-us-soldier-iraq-will-classified-combat/

That is outrageous!!! Makes a big difference in survivor benefits.

I'm looking for more on that story, just hard to understand why not/

Pentagon names 1st US service member to die in Iraq anti-ISIS ground fight

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/10/23/pentagon-nameds-1st-us-service-member-to-die-in-iraq-anti-isis-ground-fight/?intcmp=hplnws

They have tried to nuance this to say that it was not 'offensive' but 'defensive' rolleyes.gif

The good news is it seems maybe because it was a 'named' operation he may get combat benefits.