Republican Voters, in Focus Group, Express Rage at Career Politicians

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
republican-voters-in-focus-group-express-rage-at-career-politiciansNY Times:

The anger of Republican primary voters at the political class could have blistered the paint in a conference room during a focus group in Indianapolis.

“We did what we were supposed to do: we wrote the letters and we made the phone calls, and they did not listen,’’ said Marenda Babcock, 60, a freelance writer.

“We’ve lost our voices as constituents,’’ echoed Christopher Berry, 50, who works in agriculture.

Dwight Podgurski, 58, coordinator of a campus ministry, compared Washington to the cesspool depicted in “House of Cards.’’

The voters were part of a focus group convened on Tuesday night by the pollster Peter D. Hart, who asked with some befuddlement why Republicans, who for decades picked presidential nominees with deep governing experience, were throwing the rule out the window. Donald J. Trump, Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina, who between them poll at more than 50 percent, have no elected experience.

________

Rage against the Party machine.

________

Rage against the Party machine.

Yeah...Well Fine...Whatever.

I have a small question...And Then What Happens?

Aristotle-Quote-On-Anger-3.jpg

WestVirginiaRebel

If I were them, I'd go with Cruz or even Rubio. Jeb is the embodiment of establishment politics. There are alternatives to Trump and Jeb.

• Like 1