Thoughts from the ammo line

Valin

thoughts-from-the-ammo-line-84.phpPower Line:

Scott Johnson

October 16, 2015

I know that I absolutely should not drink coffee after mid-afternoon. It will interfere mightily with my sleep. But I love coffee, and also sometimes my energy flags in “mid-afternoon,” which I believe is an imprecise time frame that stretches until 8:00 p.m. Similarly, I believe that “late, late middle age” covers the years from the mid-50s to 5 years from wherever I’m currently at.

My problem has always been that I’m not convinced that the Coffee Rule has been adequately proven. Being devoted to Science as I am, I think the experiment needs to be run many more times.

(Snip)

But back to my current ongoing science experiment: Never mind the fact that of the 2,384 times I have run the Coffee Rule Experiment thus far, I have always had trouble sleeping if I drink coffee after 4:00 p.m. What about the 2,385th time? The results could change. That’s how important I think Science is. And the sacrifices I am willing to make in its Holy Name.

The Coffee Experiment is not my only scientific endeavor. Far from it. I also have learned that if I don’t make a grocery list, the odds of my coming home with what I set out to purchase go down substantially. But, again, given the many exhausting seconds it takes to make a list, has its utility been adequately proven? And who doesn’t enjoy returning to the store – looking for a different checkout lady as far as possible from the last one – to get THE most important ingredient for the casserole you are making? The one item you went to the store to get in the first place.

So what if I didn’t remember Cream of Chicken Soup? We are now the proud owners of five pounds of pistachios AND a bag of Double-Stuf Oreos. Though neither item is going to work in that casserole, they were on sale. What could go wrong with expired Oreos anyway?

(Snip)