Connecticut firm backed up Clinton’s server, might still have personal emails

Valin

House panel opens new inquiry into Clinton’s email server
Cory Bennett
01/15/16

(Snip)

The investigation will run alongside a similar inquiry led by Senate Homeland Security Committee Chairman Ron Johnson (R-Wis.).

Clinton, the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, has been knocked for her use of a private email server during her time as head of the State Department.

She used a private email address hosted on a server registered to her Chappaqua, N.Y., home instead of an official government account. The arrangement alarmed security experts and raised questions about whether sensitive information was exposed to foreign hackers and spies.

(Snip)

Inspector General: Clinton emails had intel from most secretive, classified programs
Catherine Herridge, Pamela Browne
January 19, 2016

EXCLUSIVE: Hillary Clinton's emails on her unsecured, homebrew server contained intelligence from the U.S. government's most secretive and highly classified programs, according to an unclassified letter from a top inspector general to senior lawmakers.

Fox News exclusively obtained the unclassified letter, sent Jan. 14 from Intelligence Community Inspector General I. Charles McCullough III. It laid out the findings of a recent comprehensive review by intelligence agencies that identified "several dozen" additional classified emails -- including specific intelligence known as "special access programs" (SAP).

That indicates a level of classification beyond even “top secret,” the label previously given to two emails found on her server, and brings even more scrutiny to the presidential candidate’s handling of the government’s closely held secrets.

“To date, I have received two sworn declarations from one [intelligence community] element. These declarations cover several dozen emails containing classified information determined by the IC element to be at the confidential, secret, and top secret/sap levels,” said the IG letter to lawmakers with oversight of the intelligence community and State Department. “According to the declarant, these documents contain information derived from classified IC element sources.”

(Snip)

MSNBC: Clinton Creating Conspiracy Theories to Explain Away Her Email Scandal

Jenna Lifhits
January 20, 2016

Hillary Clinton has brushed off an array of damaging reports about her email scandal as conspiracy theories which only heightens her untrustworthy image, MSNBC’s Morning Joe panel said Wednesday.

“Her problem is that she’s attacked the New York Times. This was a conspiracy from the New York Times, and now, you know, it’s the Inspector General from the intel agencies that doesn’t want her to get elected president,” host Joe Scarborough said. “Voters aren’t going to buy that.”

The Clinton campaign brushed off a report released Tuesday, which contained a letter from the Inspector General alleging that Clinton transmitted information deemed beyond top secret on her private email server.

(Snip)

I know it gets tiresome to hear, but just imagine the ruckus if she was a Republican and this was a Republican administration. The media and the DNC would be calling for the impeachment of the president, never mind the Sec'y of State. But what do we get instead? Crickets. As a group Democrats and liberals are some of the most hypocritical people I can think of.

I know it gets tiresome to hear, but just imagine the ruckus if she was a Republican and this was a Republican administration. The media and the DNC would be calling for the impeachment of the president, never mind the Sec'y of State. But what do we get instead? Crickets. As a group Democrats and liberals are some of the most hypocritical people I can think of.

It's incredible when you remember all the MSM (every one of them) going on for weeks every time GWB would sneeze.

They did much more on Romney transporting his dog than Hillary's blatant disregard for the security of our national interest.

It's incredible when you remember all the MSM (every one of them) going on for weeks every time GWB would sneeze.

They did much more on Romney transporting his dog than Hillary's blatant disregard for the security of our national interest.

One might almost suspect there was some (dare I use the word) bias. biggrin.png

• Like 1

@Oceander @NCTexan

It should be noted there are those in the MSM that are paying attention....case in point

Tapper Mocks Clinton Spokesman’s Defense of Hillary: You’re Using ‘Facts Not In Evidence’

David Rutz
January 21, 2016

CNN host Jake Tapper poked fun at Hillary Clinton spokesman Brian Fallon’s accusations that the intelligence community’s inspector general had an agenda against Hillary Clinton, saying that Fallon was stating a lot of “facts not in evidence.”

(Snip)

• Like 1

Geez. I'd forgotten about that poor dog. You're absolutely right though, they made more fuss over that dog than they've ever made, or ever will IMHO, over Clinton's painfully obvious national security crimes.

How secret is it? (3)
Scott Johnson
January 24, 2016

It’s Sunday, so I didn’t expect to find any news advancing the mind-boggling story of Hillary Clinton’s homebrew email server. It was reported last year that Clinton’s top aides were included in the investigation. In today’s New York Post, Paul Sperry adds a twist to the latest reports concerning the highly classified information found on Clinton’s insecure private email arrangement as Secretary of State; this twist involves Clinton’s top aides (as well as Clinton herself, of course):

The FBI is investigating whether members of Hillary Clinton’s inner circle “cut and pasted” material from the government’s classified network so that it could be sent to her private e-mail address, former State Department security officials say.

Clinton and her top aides had access to a Pentagon-run classified network that goes up to the Secret level, as well as a separate system used for Top Secret communications.

The two systems — the Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet) and Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS) — are not connected to the unclassified system, known as the Non-Classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet). You cannot e-mail from one system to the other, though you can use NIPRNet to send ­e-mails outside the government.

Somehow, highly classified information from SIPRNet, as well as even the super-secure JWICS, jumped from those closed systems to the open system and turned up in at least 1,340 of Clinton’s home e-mails — including several the CIA earlier this month flagged as containing ultra-secret Sensitive Compartmented Information and Special Access Programs, a subset of SCI.

SAP includes “dark projects,” such as drone operations, while SCI protects intelligence sources and methods.

Fox News reported Friday that at least one of Clinton’

The source of Sperry’s assertion at the top of his article is unclear to me, but it appears to be Raymond Fournier:

(Snip)

Full of Schiff
Scott Johnson
January 25, 2016

Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff is a smart fellow and a perfect spokesman for Hillary Clinton’s interests. Slippery and willing to say anything, he can add a vague threat of harm when he thinks the occasion calls for it. Yesterday Schiff appeared on FOX News Sunday for a segment with Senator James Lankford to discuss last week’s revelations about the information found on Hillary’s Clinton’s unsecured private server for her official State Department emails. FOX News has posted a report on the segment (transcript here, video below). Sarah Westwood also covered the segment for the Washington Examiner.

Last week’s news was generated by the letter of Intelligence Community Inspector General I. Charles McCullough, III to Senators Burr and Corker. McCullough was appointed by Obama and was enthusiastically supported by Democrats. As Paul facetiously wrote last week, he is “an unlikely member of the vast right-wing conspiracy.”

Catherine Herridge embedded a copy of McCullough’s letter to the Senators in her FOX News report breaking the story last week and posted it here. McCullough responded to the Senators’ inquiry on the “classification determination process used within the Intelligence Community (IC) for reviewing former Secretary of State Clinton’s emails.” McCullough’s response included one dry paragraph that made all the news (on FOX and online, anyway):

(Snip)

A little snippet from the FOX report:

California Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff argued that several Republican committee chairmen are investigating Clinton's use of the private system as secretary of state while “actively campaigning” against her.

"I think the inspector general has to be very careful not to allow himself to be used by one political party against the other in a presidential race,” Schiff told "Fox News Sunday."

He also said that one of the chairmen went to a campaign rally for front-running GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump “and said his purpose is to defeat Hillary Clinton.”

Schiff also repeated the argument about the difficulty in trying to agree on what is top secret information. It was among the most recent efforts by Democrats to downplay or discredit the Jan. 14 letter from Intelligence Committee Inspector General Charles McCullough to top Capitol Hill Republicans.

FBI going 'right to the source' in Clinton email probe, interviewing intel agencies
Catherine Herridge, Pamela K. Browne

January 26, 2016

The FBI is going straight to the source in its investigation of classified emails that crossed Hillary Clinton’s personal server, speaking with the intelligence agencies – and in some cases, the individuals – that generated the information, two intelligence sources familiar with the probe told Fox News. Investigators are meeting with the agencies and individuals to determine the classification level in the emails. The step speaks to the diligence with which the bureau is handling the investigation, despite the former secretary of state’s claims that the matter boils down to a mere interagency dispute.

(Snip)

Clinton Chief Of Staff Lost Her Personal Blackberry, Which Contained Classified Emails
Chuck Ross
01/26/2016

While working as Hillary Clinton’s chief of staff at the State Department, Cheryl Mills lost her personal Blackberry, on which she sent emails that the State Department has determined contain classified information.

Records obtained by The Daily Caller through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit show Mills revealed that she lost her Blackberry in a March 20, 2010 email she sent to Bryan Pagliano, the State Department IT staffer who managed Clinton’s private email server.

“Somewhere b/w my house and the plane to nyc yesterday my personal bb got misplaced; no on [sic] is answering it thought [sic] I have called,” Mills wrote from her personal email account to the address Pagliano used when he worked on Hillary Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign.

Other State Department records indicate that Mills’ personal Blackberry appears to have been synced with her Gmail account. Many of the emails she sent from the personal account include footers which show they were sent from a Blackberry powered by AT&T.

Some of the emails Mills sent and received on the account contain information that the State Department has retroactively determined to have classified information.

(Snip)

H/T Hot Air

@WestVirginiaRebel

Moved

FBI's Hillary Clinton email investigation not letting up

Six months after it began, the federal investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server shows no signs of slowing down.

Former FBI officials said the length of the probe is not unusual and speculated that a decision on whether to file charges against Clinton or her top aides could come later this year, during the heat of the general election campaign.

“I don’t know that there’s any magical cutoff date,” said Ron Hosko, the FBI’s former assistant director of the criminal investigative division and a 30-year veteran of the bureau.

For Democrats, the extended investigation has become a source of some anxiety, with Republicans gleefully raising the prospect of the Democratic presidential front-runner being indicted.

“It does give pause to Democrats who are concerned that there may be another shoe to drop down the road,” said Andrew Smith, a political science professor at the University of New Hampshire.

The government has been examining the former secretary of State's private email server since last July, when the inspector general for the intelligence community issued a security referral noting that classified information could have been mishandled.

That referral came months after Clinton acknowledged that she had exclusively used a personal email address housed on a private server during her tenure as secretary.

The scrutiny of her email practices has mounted since then, with more than 1,300 emails that passed through her server found to contain information that has since been classified, some at the highest levels.

________

As you campaign, so shall you be jailed...

A Matter of Convenience?
D.W. Wilber
Jan 29, 2016

As someone who has in the past held a high level security clearance, one which required me to sign a non-disclosure agreement and agree to protect classified information under the penalty of possible prosecution and a lengthy prison sentence if I didn’t, I took these obligations very seriously. I believed then and still do now that it was a privilege to be entrusted with America’s most sensitive and high level information. Certainly not something to dismiss or scoff at.

(Snip)

I remember many times when serving overseas that at the end of the day I had to make sure that file cabinet safes were locked, classified trash was collected and placed in burn bags, and then taken to the incinerator room for destruction. Trash bags full of shredded and pulverized documents hauled out to the dumpster. Sometimes a pain in the neck when one was in a hurry to leave, but always done with care and deliberation because one knew the importance of insuring that classified information did not fall into the hands of our enemies.

(Snip)

For the record, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton took the same oath I and many other government employees and members of our military have taken, which also obligated her to protect classified information ‘to the best of her abilities’.

If her record in this regard is any indication of what her abilities are, I would be more inclined to place my trust in any one of the Marx Brothers before I would entrust Hillary Clinton with the national security of the United States of America.

Panel: FBI May Move on Hillary Clinton Email Issue with Interview or Indictment
Aaron Kliegman
January 29, 2016

The panel on MSNBC’s Morning Joe was in general agreement Friday morning that the FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server is further along and more serious than most people think, adding that the Democratic presidential frontrunner may be interviewed or indicted by federal authorities in the future.

Host Joe Scarborough reported he and the rest of the panel have been hearing from multiple sources that the Clinton email investigation is more advanced than what is advertised to the public.

“Most of us around this table are hearing from multiple sources … that the Hillary Clinton investigation of the FBI is far more progressed,” Scarborough said. “And we’re hearing it from the top officials in the Obama administration for actually several months now, and we can’t go to a meeting in Washington where we don’t hear it.”

Scarborough added that all of his sources are telling him the investigation “is far more advanced than we, the public, knows.”

(Snip)

Former House Oversight chairman: 'FBI director would like to indict Clinton and Abedin'
Gabby Morrongiello

1/29/16

MANCHESTER — California Congressman Darrell Issa, who previously led an investigation into Benghazi as former chairman of the House Oversight Committee, says the FBI "would like to indict both Huma [Abedin] and Hillary Clinton" for conducting sensitive government business on an unsecure, private email server.

"I think the FBI director would like to indict both Huma and Hillary as we speak," the Republican heavyweight told the Washington Examiner Thursday, during a debate watch-party at Florida Sen. Marco Rubio's New Hampshire campaign headquarters.

"I think he's in a position where he's being forced to triple-time make a case of what would otherwise be, what they call, a slam dunk," Issa said, referring to FBI Director James Comey, who previously told the Senate Judiciary Committee he would conduct a "competent," "honest" and "independent" probe into Clinton's handling of classified information during her tenure as secretary of state.

Still, Issa suggested Clinton's wrongdoing is obvious.

(Snip)

"I think the FBI director"

Does not mean much what he thinks. Nothing factual yet to indicate FBI plans to do anything.

Official: Some Clinton emails 'too damaging' to release
Catherine Herridge, Pamela K. Browne
January 29, 2016

EXCLUSIVE: The intelligence community has now deemed some of Hillary Clinton’s emails “too damaging" to national security to release under any circumstances, according to a U.S. government official close to the ongoing review. A second source, who was not authorized to speak on the record, backed up the finding.

The decision to withhold the documents in full, and not provide even a partial release with redactions, further undercuts claims by the State Department and the Clinton campaign that none of the intelligence in the emails was classified when it hit Clinton's personal server.

(Snip)

Fox News reported Friday that at least one Clinton email contained information identified as "HCS-O," which is the code for intelligence from human spying.

One source, not authorized to speak on the record, suggested the intelligence agencies are operating on the assumption there are more copies of the Clinton emails out there, and even releasing a partial email would provide enough clues to trace back to the original – which could allow the identification of “special access programs” intelligence

(Snip)