Was The Texas-OSU Game Rigged? Get Your Tin Foil Hat Ready

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

Was The Texas-OSU Game Rigged? Get Your Tin Foil

Hat Ready The UT-OSU game was never going to be a fair fight. Here’s why.

September 30, 201

5By John Nova Lomax30 Comments

Let’s get this out of the way now. I am a Texas Longhorns fan. I have been one all my life. I’ve been watching the Horns since the 1977 Cotton Bowl, when Earl Campbell got shut down by the dreaded Fighting Irish. I cried that day. I was six.

I didn’t cry Saturday, despite the 30-27 loss to the Oklahoma State Cowboys. In the end I wasn’t even angry. I was just stunned, flabbergasted, gobsmacked at the horrendous performance of the officiating crew on the field that day.

It looked to me like the Horns were getting a raw deal as early as the second quarter, when Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph demanded, and received, a roughing the passer call on Longhorn defensive tackle Paul Boyette that nullified a devastating interception and return. At 4:14 p.m., around halftime, I posted on a friend’s Facebook wall that the Horns would be in control if it weren’t for the refs, but I wasn’t too concerned. Usually these things even out over the course of a game. This time they did not. Not by a long shot. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/was-the-longhorns-game-against-oklahoma-state-rigged-we-put-our-tinfoil-hats-on-and-dig-in/