Ten killed in shooting at Ore. community college

Geee

73153610USA Today:

ROSEBURG, Ore. - Ten people were killed and another seven injured Thursday after a 26-year-old gunman opened fire in a classroom at a community college here in southern Oregon.

Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin said the gunman was shot and killed during an exchange of gunfire with officers at Umpqua Community College. State police said in a statement there was only one gunman.

The suspect in the shooting is believed to be a local Oregon man, Chris Mercer, with a family in the area, a federal law enforcement official said.

Authorities were investigating whether the gunman, who is believed to have some connection to the school, specifically targeted victims, rather than engaging in random gunfire. It was immediately unclear whether the shooter fired multiple weapons or had multiple ammunition magazines to fuel his rampage.Scissors-32x32.png

Oregon gunman singled out Christians during rampage

The gunman who opened fire at an Oregon community college was forcing people to stand up and state their religion before he began blasting away at them, survivors said Thursday.

A woman who claimed to have a grandmother inside a writing class in Snyder Hall, where a portion the massacre unfolded, described the scene in a tweet.

“The shooter was lining people up and asking if they were Christian,” she wrote. “If they said yes, then they were shot in the head. If they said no, or didn’t answer, they were shot in the legs. My grandma just got to my house, and she was in the room. She wasn’t shot, but she is very upset.Scissors-32x32.png

http://nypost.com/2015/10/01/oregon-gunman-singled-out-christians-during-rampage/

Supposedly same college Marine that helped stop terrorist attack on train in France went to. Just a coincidence I'm sure.

• Like 1

Supposedly same college Marine that helped stop terrorist attack on train in France went to. Just a coincidence I'm sure.

Hmmmm. That's interesting.

• Like 1

Draggingtree

OBAMA: NEVER LETTING A GOOD MASS SHOOTING GO TO WASTE

The Radical-in-Chief grabs the Oregon atrocity and opens fire on the Second Amendment.

October 2, 2015Matthew Vadum 11

Mere hours after a young, mixed-race religion-hater fatally shot at least nine apparently Christian victims at an Oregon college, President Obama tried to harangue Americans into supporting fresh restrictions on guns, the most severely regulated consumer goods in America.

The shooter has been identified as 20-year-old Chris Harper-Mercer. Police say in mid-morning they received reports of a gunman walking around Umpqua Community College (UCC) near Roseburg, Ore. As is the case in all or perhaps nearly all mass shootings at schools, UCC was a gun-free zone.

Wearing body armor, the man reportedly entered a classroom where an English and writing class was being conducted and demanded that those present state their religion. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/260325/obama-never-letting-good-mass-shooting-go-waste-matthew-vadum

There are something like 20,000 gun laws/regulations in the country. Could someone please explain to me (small words I beg you) how 20,001 will solve this problem?

This Kabuki dance is getting really old.

Ryan Lizza

In Greenville, South Carolina, Jeb Bush, arguing against calls for gun control after major tragedy, says, "stuff happens."

Retweets 1,244 Favorites 315

12:24 PM - 2 Oct 2015

You are supposed to be outraged now...I guess

Power Line: What Jeb Said

Moderator: Now the question. The Second Amendment. This is South Carolina, I don’t want to say anything else beyond that, but I do want to read the Second Amendment. ‘A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’ Do you think the Second Amendment bestows individual rights or rights of the militia?

BUSH: I think it bestows individual rights and I think that’s what, and it needs to be protected, and the best place to sort these issues out is the, at the state level. The federal government tries to create these one size fits all rules and it’s — look, South Carolina’s different than New York City. In Florida, when I was governor, I was the NRA stataesman of the year, one year it was on my highlight reel where Charlton Heston gave me a gun on the stage in front of 15,000 people, that was pretty cool to be honest with you. We, we have – in Florida we believe that concealed weapons permits is a, is a proper thing. We have 1.2 million concealed weapon holders, more than double the next state. We have right to carry, there are all sorts of rules that are appropriate for Florida may not be appropriate in other places, but the basic right is embedded in, it’s a personal right, I mean it’s an individual right to bear arms and that’s, that shouldn’t be infringed by either local, state or federal law for sure.

And this president – you know, the tendency when we have these tragedies that took place yesterday, it’s just heartbreaking to see these things, but this is the broader question of rule-making I think is an important point to make. That whenever you see a tragedy take place, the impulse in the political system, most, more often than at the federal level, but also at the state level, is to ‘do something,’ right? And what we end up doing lots of times is we create rules on the 99.999 percent of human activity that had nothing to do with the tragedy that forced the conversation about doing something. And we’re taking people’s rights away each time we do that, and we’re not necessarily focusing on the real challenge. So if we have people that are mentally ill, to the point where they go into the vortex and they don’t come out and they’re hateful, and they’re in isolation, and they kill people. The impulse in Washington is take personal rights away from the rest of us. And it won’t solve the problem of this tragedy that is just heartbreaking to see. Maybe we ought to be more connected in our communities. Maybe we ought to have greater awareness of the mental health challenges that exist all across this country. Maybe there’s a better way to deal with this than taking people’s human, you know, personal liberty away every time we, you know, kind of require people to do something.

Moderator: And I remember right after Columbine. And this is a long, long time ago I was listening to the radio, and they were talking about how schools you’re not allowed to have prayer vigils. But the second – being allowed to pray, I should say, or have, you know, Christian or Jewish or whatever faith-based groups on these public education schools. But then the guy said, you know it’s funny that you send a guy there with an Uzi or a handgun to shoot a bunch of people, the first thing they do after the tragedy –

BUSH: Of course.

Moderator:–prayer vigil, whatever the faith-based group is and always to say that you should do that on the front end, maybe you wouldn’t have these tragedies on the back end.

BUSH: Yeah, it’s, we’re in a difficult time in our country, and I don’t think more government is necessarily the answer to this. I think we need to re-connect ourselves with everybody else, it’s just, it’s very sad to see. But I resist the notion – and I did, I had this, this challenge as governor, because we have, look, stuff happens, there’s always a crisis, and the impulse is always to do something, and it’s not necessarily the right thing to do.

That is Bush’s supposedly insensitive response in full. But the Democrats are great at pulling two words out of an extended and entirely appropriate colloquy and turning them into a smear, as though that were the whole, or the essence, of Bush’s reaction to the Oregon murders. Shameful? Yes, but it beats the heck out of answering questions on Syria or the economy.

Draggingtree

Saturday, October 3, 2015 GoFundMe Set Up For Chris Mintz....

By all accounts, this guy is a HERO.

Not the kind of hero that that mainstream media like to jam down our throats.

Army veteran Chris Mintz is being lauded as a hero after he attempted to block a door as shooting suspect Chris Harper Mercer opened fire on

Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon, Thursday. Mintz was shot seven times, and he will need extensive physical therapy to recover.

To help pay for his medical bills, a GoFundMe page was created by his cousin, Derek Bourgeois. The money will reportedly be sent to Mintz.

“Yesterday, my cousin Chris Mintz was shot 7 times while trying to protect others from the gunman at Umpqua Community College,” Bourgeois wrote. “He is a father, a veteran, a student, and now, he's a hero.”

MORE HERE

They had a goal of 10,000 dollars... Click the link below and see how much has been donated by
everyday, ordinary people to help Chris.

GOFUNDME PAGE HERE
Scissors-32x32.png

http://theferalirishman.blogspot.com/2015/10/gofundme-set-up-for-chris-mintz.html