Coffee Shop

Rheo

Seems to be more upset liberals about the police dog that was killed (woman bomber blew herself and dog up) in the latest Paris raid than for those that died Friday.

Maybe police should really get going with police bomb sniffing pigs. Supposedly they are good at it, and it would certainly cause some of these terrorist a conundrum about blowing themselves and the pig up at the same time....

• Like 4

Trump at Gettysburg

Trump-at-Gettysburg-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&re

Thanks. What an incredible crowd. They tell me this is the biggest crowd in the history of the North.

A while back some founders got together. And I mean they were good people but they really didn’t know anything about building a country. C’mon, you know, let’s face facts. Franklin with his little glasses and Washington with those horrible dentures — it was a nightmare. They didn’t know what the hell they were doing.

So then everyone comes to me and they say, “Please help us we’re in this terrible mess.” And believe me I knew this was gonna happen because our leaders were a total disaster who didn’t have a clue how to negotiate. Not the first clue, OK. It’s crazy. And I knew em all. Millard Filmore? The guy was a trainwreck. Franklin Pierce? A complete moron. Moron. And then James Buchanan they say dressed up like a woman if you can even believe it. I could tell you stories.

• Like 1

Trey Gowdy: "Pres Obama says we're afraid of widows & orphans. I'm afraid of a foreign policy that creates more widows & orphans."

• Like 5

From a real giver. $50 million net worth....yet he keeps on giving.

Good grief.
Headlines : Michael Moore: Documentary Filmmaker Offers to Shelter Syrian Refugees in His Michigan House, I'll house them, etc.

Dear Gov. Snyder:

I just wanted to let you know that, contrary to your declaration of denying Syrian refugees a home in our state of Michigan, I myself am going to defy your ban and will offer MY home in Traverse City, Michigan, to those very Syrian refugees you've decided to keep out. I will contact the State Department to let them know I am happy to provide a safe haven to any Syrian refugee couple approved by the Obama administration's vetting procedures in which I have full faith and trust.

Your action is not only disgraceful, it is, as you know, unconstitutional (only the President has the legal right to decide things like this).

What you've done is anti-American. This is not who we are supposed to be. We are, for better and for worse, a nation of descendants of three groups: slaves from Africa who were brought here in chains and then forced to provide trillions of dollars of free labor to build this country; native peoples who were mostly exterminated by white Christians through acts of mass genocide; and immigrants from EVERYWHERE around the globe. In Michigan we are fortunate to count amongst us tens of thousands of Arab and Muslim Americans.

I'm disappointed in you, Governor Snyder, for your heartless and un-Christian actions, and for joining in with at least 25 other governors (all but one a Republican) who've decided to block legal Syrian refugees from coming into their states. Fortunately I'm an American and not a Republican.

Governor, count me out of whatever you think it means to be a Michigander. I look forward to welcoming Syrians to my home and I wholeheartedly encourage other Americans to do the same.

Michael Moore

P.S. By the way, my 700-sq. ft. apartment in northern Michigan is a little small, but it's got cable, wi-fi and a new dishwasher! Also, no haters live on my floor! Stop by any time for a hot chocolate this winter.

• Like 2

Refugee ‘Religious Test’ Is ‘Shameful’ and ‘Not American’ … Except that Federal Law Requires It

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/427262/refugee-religious-test-shameful-and-not-american-except-federal-law-requires-it-andrew

by ANDREW C. MCCARTHY November 18, 2015 11:20 AM

As I argued in Faithless Execution, the principal constitutional duty of the chief executive is to execute the laws faithfully. President Obama, by contrast, sees his principal task as imposing his post-American “progressive” preferences, regardless of what the laws mandate. In his latest harangue against Senator Ted Cruz (R., Texas) and other Americans opposed to his insistence on continuing to import thousands of Muslim refugees from Syria and other parts of the jihad-ravaged Middle East, Obama declaimed:

When I hear political leaders suggesting that there would be a religious test for which a person who’s fleeing from a war-torn country is admitted … that’s shameful…. That’s not American. That’s not who we are. We don’t have religious tests to our compassion.

Really? Under federal law, the executive branch is expressly required to take religion into account in determining who is granted asylum.

Under the provision governing asylum (section 1158 of Title 8, U.S. Code), an alien applying for admission must establish that … religion [among other things] … was or will be at least one central reason for persecuting the applicant. Moreover, to qualify for asylum in the United States, the applicant must be a “refugee” as defined by federal law. That definition (set forth in Section 1101(a)(42)(A) of Title , U.S. Code) also requires the executive branch to take account of the alien’s religion:

The term “refugee” means (A) any person who is outside any country of such person’s nationality … and who is unable or unwilling to return to … that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of … religion [among other things] …[.]

The law requires a “religious test.” And the reason for that is obvious. Asylum law is not a reflection of the incumbent president’s personal (and rather eccentric) sense of compassion. Asylum is a discretionary national act of compassion that is directed, by law not whim, to address persecution.

There is no right to emigrate to the United States.Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

The Week in Pictures: Don’t Have to Live Like a Refugee Edition

Steven Hayward

November 21, 2015

The question of accepting refugees threatens to become a petty squabble (heh), but the fact that so many Democrats headed for the tall grass on the House vote this week shows that at least a few understand that a large number of Americans simply have no confidence that the government has any of this in hand. Gee—I wonder what could ever give them that idea. After all, ISIS is contained! Because we’re solving climate change!

Arab-RefugeesUntitled-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&

Arab-Refugees-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=5

Refugees-Welcome-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resiz

(Snip)

12272672_10154609960398973_1603589945_n.

(Snip)

Petulant-Obama-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=

(Snip)

ISIS-Conatined-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=

(Snip)

Trump-Parade-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=58

(Snip)

Dem-Climate-Causation-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&

Hillary-MIssing-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize

(Snip)

Hpster-Posing-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=5

(Snip)

Poor-Me-Magazine-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resiz

(Snip)

Calculator-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580%

Gullibility-Test-2-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&res

(Snip)

Still-Want-to-Smack-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&re

(Snip)

And finally. . .

Hot-747-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=568%2C6

If you're asking yourself

1. Is this a good fishing hole

2, What kind of boat it that?

3. Are those AK's fully automatic?

You really need to get a life. tongue.png

• Like 1

12243337_1644873939129135_32312966215490

Actually I do have a question. Is the person who made this normally this stupid, or did they make a especial effort to show the world just how moronic they can be?

12243337_1644873939129135_32312966215490

Actually I do have a question. Is the person who made this normally this stupid, or did they make a especial effort to show the world just how moronic they can be?

You mean, "We haven't given ISIS enough weaponry yet?

ISIS-McCain-ad-terrorist-300x190.jpg

McCain posed for pictures with these ISIS rebels, smiling as the camera snapped. Now, ISIS, Islamic State of Iraq and Syria formerly known as Al Qaeda in Iraq, is using those pictures as a campaign ad.

Truth Revealed: McCain’s ‘Moderate Rebels’ in Syria ARE ISIS

http://conservativepapers.com/news/2015/01/22/truth-revealed-mccains-moderate-rebels-in-syria-are-isis/

Poor John McCain and Lindsey Graham, Washington’s real first couple. They only want to arm the ‘moderate opposition’ in Syria. Three years on, how come their master plan isn’t working, while ISIS has grown so strong?

In the light of the recent Paris Attacks it’s more important than ever to take a sober look, and perhaps shine a light on the fact that there are no real ‘moderate rebels’ in Syria, no more than there are in Iraq.

On Tuesday during his State of the Union address, President Barack Obama touted great strides in “pushing back ISIS” with US-led airstrikes in Syria and Iraq. Today, US Ambassador Stuart Jones announced that “Coalition Airstrikes” (US airstrikes) have killed 6,000 ISIS fighters.

This brings us to the issue of who ISIS really is, and how did ISIS build up to the level they are at today. It’s a particularly embarrassing thing to admit, because when you allow this fact out of the bag, then skeptics start asking more questions, and if there’s one thing that politicians hate more than anything, it’s facts and questions.

So, what happened to all of McCain’s “moderate opposition”? You know, the ones which President Obama, John Kerry, David Cameron and the rest of the ‘liberate Syria’ gang insist need our help with more weapons and cash? New Eastern Outlook geopolitical analysis and writer Tony Cartalucci explains:

“Reported along the peripheries of the Western media, it was reported recently that some 3,000 so-called “moderate rebels” of the “Free Syrian Army” had defected to the “Islamic State” (ISIS).

While not the first time so-called “moderates” have crossed over openly to Al Qaeda or ISIS, it is one of the largest crossovers that has occurred. With them, these 3,000 fighters will bring weapons, cash, equipment, and training provided to them by Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United States, the UK, and perhaps most ironic of all in the wake of the recent terror attack in Paris, France.

Indeed, ISIS and Al Qaeda’s ranks continue to swell amid this insidious network of “terror laundering” that is only set to grow.”

This means there’s no “moderate rebels” to speak of, so therefore ISIS is McCain’s Army.

Washington’s nation-builders are banking on the fact that Americans are not smart enough, or too brain-dead to work this one out.

It's understandable that you are outraged by Rubio being lumped with Linda Lindsay & John. It's not like he supported any of their daft positions on other important decisions, like immigration or defense....oh.....wait....he did!

And.....he's the Great White GOPe Hope for the Chamber of Commerce & entrenched old boy Republican network, er...elite rulers of America!

Again, @Valin....I post some pics for response....your predictable one......is now noted.

University suspends yoga class, citing 'cultural issues' that may offend students

Student Federation Acting President Romeo Ahimakin told the Ottawa Sun that the class has been put on hold until a way can be figured out "to make it better, more accessible and more inclusive to certain groups of people that feel left out in yoga-like spaces.

“We are trying to have those sessions done in a way in which students are aware of where the spiritual and cultural aspects come from, so that these sessions are done in a respectful manner,” he added.

wallbash.gif

@SrWoodchuck

You mean, "We haven't given ISIS enough weaponry yet?

What weapons would that be?

Remember Those ‘Moderate’ Syrian Rebels That The U.S. Armed? ISIS Got Some Of Those Weapons Too

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/09/175685-remember-moderate-rebels-syria-obama-armed-isis-got-weapons/

AFP reports:

The study by the London-based small-arms research organisation Conflict Armament Research documented weapons seized by Kurdish forces from militants in Iraq and Syria over a 10-day period in July.

The report said the jihadists disposed of “significant quantities” of US-made small arms including M16 assault rifles and included photos showing the markings “Property of US Govt”.

It also found that anti-tank rockets used by IS in Syria were “identical to M79 rockets transferred by Saudi Arabia to forces operating under the Free Syrian Army umbrella in 2013”.

The U.S.-made small arm in question is the M16A4 assault rifle. It is the main service rifle of the U.S. Marine Corps and sees limited use in the U.S. Army. More importantly, thousands of them were supplied to the Iraqi Army. The source of ISIS’s M16s, along with other U.S. made weapons, is likely captured Iraqi Army stocks.

As for the M79s, they were part of the arms shipments from Croatia that were meant for the Free Syrian Army. The weapons were either captured, or acquired by former FSA fighters as they joined ISIS.

3,000 “MODERATE REBELS” DEFECT TO ISIS – US PREPARING 5,000 MORE

http://www.infowars.com/3000-moderate-rebels-defect-to-isis-us-preparing-5000-more/

Reported along the peripheries of the Western media, it was reported recently that some 3,000 so-called “moderate rebels” of the “Free Syrian Army” had defected to the “Islamic State” (ISIS). While not the first time so-called “moderates” have crossed over openly to Al Qaeda or ISIS, it is one of the largest crossovers that has occurred.

With them, these 3,000 fighters will bring weapons, cash, equipment, and training provided to them by Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United States, the UK, and perhaps most ironic of all in the wake of the recent terror attack in Paris, France. Indeed, ISIS and Al Qaeda’s ranks continue to swell amid this insidious network of “terror laundering” that is only set to grow.

It was an open conspiracy exposed by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh in his 2007 article, “The Redirection: Is the Administration’s new policy benefiting our enemies in the war on terrorism?“, that the US and its regional allies sought to use Al Qaeda and other extremist groups to wage a proxy war on Iran, Syria, and Hezbollah in Lebanon. This conspiracy has clearly manifested itself today in the form of ISIS. Despite a feigned military campaign waged against ISIS, targeting primarily Syria’s oil infrastructure, the true source of ISIS’ strength, emanating from NATO territory in Turkey, remains unscathed and uninterrupted. Additionally, torrents of cash, weapons, and supplies are working their way across ISIS’ rank and file through the migration of so-called “moderates” under their banner.

Before this brigade-sized defection, several other “vetted moderate rebel” groups, armed by the US in particular, have openly pledged allegiance to Al Qaeda. The most notorious incident was when terror group Harakat Hazm, provided antitank TOW missiles by the US, openly pledged allegiance to Al Qaeda’s Syrian franchise...Scissors-32x32.png

****************************************************************************************

If John McCain and Lindsey Graham are so worried about ISIS–why did they want to arm them?

http://rare.us/story/if-john-mccain-and-lindsey-graham-are-so-worried-about-isis-why-did-they-want-to-arm-them/

Scissors-32x32.pngThat’s right, Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham supported policies that helped ISIS acquire the weapons it has used with great effect against the Syrian Army, more moderate Syrian rebels, the Iraqi Army, and Kurdish forces.

As early as February 2012, both Senators called upon the Obama administration to arm the Syrian rebels. Now it was probably not the intention of both Senators to arm radical Islamic butchers who have slaughtered thousands across two countries, however ISIS has likely been the unintential recipient of American weapons intended for the more “moderate” Free Syrian Army. The weapon shipments began last year, but the CIA has been working previously to help America’s Middle Eastern allies such as Saudi Arabia and Qatar ship weapons to Syria rebels. All of the U.S. military aid is supposed to go to “select moderate” rebel factions, however we shouldn’t put a whole lot of trust in the U.S. government’s ability to vet the Syrian rebels because when McCain went to Syria in May 2013, McCain accidentally met with known Syrian rebel kidnappers.

If not knowing who were the good guys were in Syria wasn’t bad enough, add to that the fact that we have elements of the “moderate” Free Syrian Army that are defecting to ISIS and taking their American provided weapons and training with them. Not only that, U.S. government humanitarian aid and aid from other Western governments are distributed in ISIS controlled areas which helps ISIS maintain its harsh rule. The weapons and aid help ISIS make military gains, recruit, and otherwise stay in power.

Before Senators McCain and Graham go back on national television and try to scare Americans into supporting a larger war against the latest bogeyman, they may want to examine some of the policies that they support. For example, some of us warned that aiding the Syrian rebels would result in weapons and other military gear winding up in the hands of radical Islamists.Scissors-32x32.png

********************************************************************************

NOT AGAIN: More US AID, Missiles Shipped to al Nusra and ISIS in Syria, Iraq

http://21stcenturywire.com/2015/03/05/not-again-more-us-aid-missiles-shipped-to-al-qaeda-al-nusra-and-isis-in-syria-iraq/

Two weeks ago, 21WIRE reported on how ISIS and other terrorists militants operating in Syria and Iraq are receiving regular weapons and ‘supply drops’ – forming a ‘rat line’ which seems to be playing a crucial role in keeping this highly profitable conflict going on both sides.

This week, it’s been reported that Jabhat Al-Nusra fighters have been brandishing US-supplied TOW missiles, as well as posing for pictures in front of boxes with the ‘U.S.’ insignia (see full report below).

This latest bombshell comes on the heals of last week’s report, where two British aircraft which were downed in Iraq. The aircraft appear to have been working the ‘rat lines’ – supplying various Islamist terrorist fighting groups who are active in the region. Fars News Agency explains:

“The Iraqi Parliament’s National Security and Defense Committee has access to the photos of both planes that are British and have crashed while they were carrying weapons for the ISIL,” Head of the committee Hakem al-Zameli said, according to a Monday report of the Arabic-language information center of the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq. He said the Iraqi parliament has asked London for explanations in this regard. The senior Iraqi legislator further unveiled that the government in Baghdad is receiving daily reports from people and security forces in al-Anbar province on numerous flights by the US-led coalition planes that airdrop weapons and supplies for ISIL in terrorist-held areas.”

Why are these ‘supply drops’ so important to this story? The US media has gone out of its way to spin the myth that “ISIS controls large parts of the Middle East”. The reality is that, while there are some cities and villages in Iraq and Syria which are under ISIS control, they do not control “large areas” of the region, and therefore require frequent air drops behind ISIS lines to maintain their military operations.

Such are the challenges of supplying ‘McCain’s Army’ in Syria, and Iraq. By insisting on fueling the Syrian conflict over the last 4 years, somehow, the US and its allies seem to be doing a fine job of supplying ISIS and maintaining their base of operations – keeping the planet’s most violent terrorists well fed, watered and armed – ultimately helping the US, UK, Saudi, Israel and other allies.Scissors-32x32.png