Jimmy Carter discloses he has cancer

Geee

250979-jimmy-carter-discloses-he-has-cancerThe Hill :

Former President Jimmy Carter disclosed Wednesday that he has cancer.

"Recent liver surgery revealed that I have cancer that now is in other parts of my body," Carter said in a statement released by his nonprofit center.

"A more complete public statement will be made when facts are known, possibly next week," he added.

Carter said he would be rearranging his schedule to undergo treatment at Emory Healthcare in Georgia. He underwent an operation earlier this month in Atlanta to remove a "mass" from his liver.

Aides did not disclose any more details, only describing the mass as small. His prognosis at the time was deemed "excellent."

President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama offered their wishes for a fast and full recovery.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Rosalynn and the entire Carter family as they face this challenge with the same grace and determination that they have shown so many times before," said the president in a statement.Scissors-32x32.png

So When's The Party?

/cheap completely tasteless on called for comment

Was thinking about JCarter this morning as I watered. Even though he has said a few things the last year, he pretty much is silent about Dems, though he had plenty to say about JWB. I would guess though that he is not very happy about the moral decline go his party. I know he made a few statements about foreign affairs, but as far as I know, he hasn't been vocal about the marriage decision and other social things that the Dems have been ecstatic about.

@Geee

Moral or Morale? unsure.png

As for the Decline in morals, he does bear some responsibility.

OTOH I should thank him for driving me out of the Democratic Party/Left.

I voted for him in 76...Oh He's a Baptist! He's one of us (evangelicals)! That was an expensive mistake many of us made.