The Republican Race So Far (With Straw Poll)

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

the_republican_race_so_far_with_straw_poll.html:

August 10, 2015

By Jack Cashill

To this point, I am feeling wise. I predicted the emergence of a Trump, the ascendancy of Cruz and Fiorina, the illusory nature of the Jeb Bush candidacy, and the general dynamism of the Republican field.

In a June 10 article, a week before Trump announced his bid, I wrote, “The Republican nominee for president will be that candidate who best learns that there is no future in apologizing.” In researching my new book, Scarlet Letters: The Ever Increasing Intolerance of the Cult of Liberalism, I sensed the hunger on the right for someone to stand up and confront the establishment head on.

In the last month or two no one has done so as flamboyantly as Donald Trump. Republicans who had no intention of voting for him, me included, cheered him on. More quietly, however, Carly Fiorina has done much the same. So has Sen. Ted Cruz. Cruz stole a scene right out of Mr. Smith Goes to Washington when he called out Mitch McConnell on the Senate floor. It was dazzling Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

the_republican_race_so_far_with_straw_poll.html:

August 10, 2015

By Jack Cashill

To this point, I am feeling wise. I predicted the emergence of a Trump, the ascendancy of Cruz and Fiorina, the illusory nature of the Jeb Bush candidacy, and the general dynamism of the Republican field.

In a June 10 article, a week before Trump announced his bid, I wrote, “The Republican nominee for president will be that candidate who best learns that there is no future in apologizing.” In researching my new book, Scarlet Letters: The Ever Increasing Intolerance of the Cult of Liberalism, I sensed the hunger on the right for someone to stand up and confront the establishment head on.

In the last month or two no one has done so as flamboyantly as Donald Trump. Republicans who had no intention of voting for him, me included, cheered him on. More quietly, however, Carly Fiorina has done much the same. So has Sen. Ted Cruz. Cruz stole a scene right out of Mr. Smith Goes to Washington when he called out Mitch McConnell on the Senate floor. It was dazzling Scissors-32x32.png

Jack Cashill has a very interesting take (could or couldn't happen) we will see down the road ohmy.png

there are no red tees on the campaign trail.

Someone might mention this to DT.

In the last month or two no one has done so as flamboyantly as Donald Trump. Republicans who had no intention of voting for him, me included, cheered him on.

Not Me! Figured it out right off the bat. The Trump Campaign is all about DT, and keeping his name in the media.