“…and I Reject Your Shallow Analysis…” – A Reprise

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
reject-shallow-analysis-repriseRedState: “…and I Reject Your Shallow Analysis…” – A Reprise

By: ntrepid (Diary) | August 8th, 2015 at 12:05 AM

I giggled at the time but, really, reading stuff like this here the other day makes me sad on many levels:

“On this very site, numerous people said “I’m not voting for McCain. What harm can this guy do in 4 years?” … Idiots.” – Bill S (1)

(Please, do not mistake this for an attack on Bill S. This is just the most recent example and hopefully useful for educational purposes. I guy can hope, anyway.)

LEVEL 1

Yes, I was one who said such a thing…sort of. So I may (or may not) be an idiot.

Unfortunately now apparently lost to the ether of some now inaccessible RedState archive, there once existed an Ntrepid diary from early in 2008 titled “…and I Reject Your Shallow Analysis of My Never-Cast-My-Vote-for-McCain Position(2) (and, for the record, there was a follow-up from about a year later titled “…and I Now Resent You for Talking Me out of My Never-Cast-My-Vote-for-McCain Position(3) and I still stand, mostly, behind the primary sentiments expressed in both). Obviously, it was a screed against a poor candidate and not intended in any way to support Mr. Obama, but I did truly say: Scissors-32x32.png

A couple quick points

1. “My 80-percent friend is not my 20-percent enemy,”

Ronald Reagan

(I would paraphrase it as 60% friend is not 40% eneny)

2. With the likes of John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, we got a shot. A chance of getting something good done. With Reid Pelosi We got No Shot...zip...zero..nada a chance.

"If you agree with me on nine out of 12 issues, vote for me. If you agree with me on 12 out of 12 issues, see a psychiatrist."

Ed Koch

Thinking back to the 08 election, how many people didn't vote for John McCain? Because...well it was John McCain, with all that entailed. 4 years of John McCain vs 8 years of Barack Obama, Ya think we'd be in better shape today if Barry was in the Senate as opposed to the Oval Office?

• Like 1