Erick Erickson Disinvites Trump From Red State Gathering Over Megyn Kelly Insults

Geee

erick-erickson-disinvites-trump-from-red-state-gathering-over-megyn-kelly-insultsDaily Caller:

ATLANTA — Red State’s Erick Erickson dis-invited GOP presidential candidate and businessman Donald Trump after he insulted Fox News anchor and Thursday night’s debate moderator Megyn Kelly during a CNN interview Friday night.

I have rescinded my invitation to Mr.Trump. While I have tried to give him great latitude, his remark about Megyn Kelly was a bridge too far — Erick Erickson (@EWErickson) August 8, 2015

“Well I just don’t respect her as a journalist. I have no respect for her. I think she’s highly overrated. But when I came out there what was I doing I’m not getting paid for this. I go out there. And you know they start saying lift up. And you know I didn’t know there would be 24 million people I figured but I knew it was going to be a big crowd because I get big crowds I get ratings they call me the ratings machine so I have you know she she gets out and she starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions,” Trump said to CNN’s Don LemonScissors-32x32.png

@Geee

More Here At Right Scoop

OK, here's the deal....if you are running for President as a Republican you're gonna get unfair, gotcha, Are You Still beating your wife, why do you hate (insert group here) questions. That's just the way it is...deal with it.

Say what you will about Megyn Kelly, but she is not a lightweight by any stretch of the imagination.

My problem with DT is all he wants is to get and keep his name in the media.

@Valin - Surprising different opinions at the various conservative news sites. Some are really really on Trumps side, saying that Fox took it upon themselves to try to de-rail Trump as a favor to the Republican Partyrolleyes.gif

@Valin - Surprising different opinions at the various conservative news sites. Some are really really on Trumps side, saying that Fox took it upon themselves to try to de-rail Trump as a favor to the Republican Partyrolleyes.gif

Tin_foil_hat_2.png

Its All Part Of THE PLOT

FYI

Cruz, Walker Huckabee, Bush: Red State Gathering live video

ATLANTA – The Red State Gathering picks back up today with its live streaming video, as four more presidential hopefuls make their case to nearly 1,000 conservative activists. The first to make his way to the stage will be Mike Huckabee at 9 am ET. Ted Cruz has the 11:30 slot before lunch, Jeb Bush is scheduled for 1:30, and Scott Walker closes out the formal schedule at 4:30. The venue then shifts to the College Football Hall of Fame, where Donald Trump had been scheduled to speak, but now Megyn Kelly has been invited in his place. (Note: I do not believe the live feed will be operating from CFHOF.)

Besides the presidential candidates, there are other events on the schedule worth pointing out. Arthur Brooks of the American Enterprise Institute will make a short appearance at 10:15. Guy Benson and Alex Smith will discuss ways to bring millennials into the conservative movement and Republican Party at 2:30. At 3:15, Kristina Ribali and Brad Jackson will talk about different strategies to get government out of crisis management for families by building a coalition of private community groups to take over that role.

The best event on the schedule outside of the presidential contenders, though, will be Kelvin Cochran’s address to RSG15...............................(Snip)

Draggingtree

Trump Cut from RedState Gathering Lineup Over Megyn Kelly Menstrual Innuendo

"I don't want my daughters in the room with Donald Trump tonight, so he's not invited," Erickson said to applause.

by Scott Ott

August 8, 2015 - 6:12 am

“I don’t want my daughters in the room with Donald Trump,” said Red State’s Erick Erickson, after Trump’s controversial remarks about Fox News’ Megyn Kelly. Scissors-32x32.png

http://pjmedia.com/blog/trump-cut-from-red-state-gathering-lineup-over-megyn-kelly-menstrual-innuendo/

Draggingtree

What Happens When You Rescind an Invitation to Trump?

Posted by Erick Erickson on August 9, 2015 at 6:17 pm

What happens when you rescind an invitation to Donald Trump?

Well, my RedState email is suddenly maxed out due to a flood of very angry emails. I've been called queer, an n-word lover, Megyn Kelly has been referred to as the c-word.

My office phone line's voicemail has also gotten maxed out with angry phone calls.

Last night, people were leaving voicemails in my hotel room -- having somehow managed to navigate the hotel switch board. At 3 o'clock this morning I had to unplug the phones in my room. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/2015/08/09/what-happens-when-you-rescind-an-invitation-to-trump/

Reminds me of The Paulbots.

Thing is, when Megyn asked that question, she new it would 1. make news 2. illicit the kind of response from DT that she got. DT Loved the question, it allows him to play to his strength...that would be outraged desk pounding...and "They" are out to get me, because they are afraid of me!

Megyn gets a bump in her ratings, DT gets to keep his name in the media. Win Win for both of them.

• Like 1

Draggingtree

Thing is, when Megyn asked that question, she new it would 1. make news 2. illicit the kind of response from DT that she got. DT Loved the question, it allows him to play to his strength...that would be outraged desk pounding...and "They" are out to get me, because they are afraid of me!

Megyn gets a bump in her ratings, DT gets to keep his name in the media. Win Win for both of them.

The queston wasn't out of line knowing Trumps history. cool.png

@Draggingtree

Good Point.

Thing is Fox News is part of The Media, something apparently some people don't understand. Complaining about it does about as much good as complaining that it's cold in MPLS in Jan. I had a Flight Chief in Korea, one of his sayings was "Life is full of disappointments. This is one of them. Deal With It!"

• Like 1

@Draggingtree I don't think the question was out of line. I think the 'debate' was OK. We would have avoided all of this hype though had they avoided personal -one person- questions and had an actual debate. Pick a subject and have each give their view on how to fix a certain thing etc etc. We would have gotten an overall feel for the candidates views and differences. Since Trump is a blow-hard ass, everyone would have seen that he is all sound bites and no solutions. Personal questions would be better for one on one media interviews, especially now when there are so many candidates and the time is scarce. Maybe when there are less candidates to point out a difference in views or attitudes or character towards a subject.

• Like 1

Draggingtree

@Draggingtree I don't think the question was out of line. I think the 'debate' was OK. We would have avoided all of this hype though had they avoided personal -one person- questions and had an actual debate. Pick a subject and have each give their view on how to fix a certain thing etc etc. We would have gotten an overall feel for the candidates views and differences. Since Trump is a blow-hard ass, everyone would have seen that he is all sound bites and no solutions. Personal questions would be better for one on one media interviews, especially now when there are so many candidates and the time is scarce. Maybe when there are less candidates to point out a difference in views or attitudes or character towards a subject.

Now thats what should have happen, but it didn't, now all Fox is thinking 24 mill

• Like 2

@Geee @Draggingtree

Forward to 9:00 minute mark

Nov 23, 2011

The debate that never aired on TV. Hosted by Frank Luntz. Taken place at some church in Des Moines, IA on November 19, 2011.

This IMO is how you do it.

• Like 2

Draggingtree

@Geee @Draggingtree

Forward to 9:00 minute mark

Nov 23, 2011

The debate that never aired on TV. Hosted by Frank Luntz. Taken place at some church in Des Moines, IA on November 19, 2011.

This IMO is how you do it.

Very Good

• Like 1

Draggingtree
Donald Trump Was Inevitable

If there was ever a man who was suited for a national moment because of his flaws rather than his virtues, it’s Donald Trump.

By Mytheos Holt AUGUST 10, 2015

Trumpmentum appears to be a thing. And no one understands why.

I don’t blame them. On paper, Donald Trump’s candidacy looks like it should be a laughingstock in any Republican primary, let alone one in a party where ideological purity still means a great deal.

The anti-Trump case is comprehensive, so let’s review it. Trump identified as a Democrat until recently. He supports trade protections more draconian than even some unions propose. He speaks about his religion without a trace of fluency. He openly opines about whether he’d be dating his own daughter if they weren’t related. And he supported a “one-time” wealth tax. This reads like someone who’d only run for the GOP nomination as an extended exercise in concern trolling. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://thefederalist.com/2015/08/10/donald-trump-was-inevitable/