Obama Doubles Down on Offensive Nuke-Deal Comments: ‘What I Said Was True, Factually’

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
obama-doubles-down-on-offensive-nuke-deal-comments-what-i-said-was-true-factuallyPJ Media:

In an interview with CNN’s Fareed Zakaria Friday, the president defended his offensive remarks comparing Republican critics of the nuclear deal to hardliners in Tehran who chant “Death to America.”

Obama made the comments on Wednesday, sparking complaints from GOP lawmakers and conservative media that he was demonizing critics rather than engaging them in an actual political debate (which has been his habit throughout his term in the White House).

“What I said is absolutely true, factually,” Obama insisted in an excerpt of the interview that was published Friday.

“The truth of the matter is, inside of Iran, the people most opposed to the deal are the Revolutionary Guard, the Quds Force, hardliners who are implacably opposed to any cooperation with the international community,” Obama said.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell promised that the Senate would debate the Iran deal next month. He also knocked Obama on Thursday for claiming the only option to avoid war with Iran is a deal.

“That’s an absurd argument, and it’s the one they’ve made from the very beginning, that it’s either what the President negotiates with the Iranians or it’s war,” McConnell said. “That’s never been the alternative.”

McConnell has called on Obama to retract his comments, calling them offensive.

________

Factually, they are...