How Dinesh D'Souza's Political Views Have Changed Since Being In Confinement

Geee

dsouza-trumps-presence-in-race-is-very-positiveDaily Caller:

As nearly 200 young conservatives waited in an auditorium at George Washington University, Dinesh D’Souza talked with The Daily Caller in the minutes he had before his speech for the 2015 Young America’s Foundation conference last Wednesday, and discussed his thoughts on the election, immigration, and lessons he learned from his confinement in California.

In viewing fellow Americans within an environment unfamiliar to him while confined, D’Souza learned how politicians and commentators, especially himself, should address pressing policy issues.

“A lot of the idealistic debates are BS. They’re diversions that take away from what really motivates people,” he said. “They [voters] sit around basically trying to figure out how to get money. … So, to me, the enlightening thing about being in that world is that it forced me to find out the way things actually are, not the way I want to see, but the America that is here now.”

D’Souza was sentenced to spend eight months in a community confinement center just minutes from his home in California for violating campaign finance law in 2012. He was allowed to leave the center during the work day to pursue employment. His time there, he said, changed his views on criminal justice, but not his overall worldview.Scissors-32x32.png