Is It Racism To Say ‘All Lives Matter’?

Geee

is-it-racism-to-say-all-lives-matterThe Federalist:

The summer after my freshman year of high school, my parents decided to move from Waukesha, Wisconsin, to Mobile, Alabama. Although I was very sad to leave my boyhood home and all my goodhearted Midwestern friends, I was also 15 years old and had hatched a theory in my adolescent mind that moving to the Deep South would mean attention from southern girls, who would no doubt be swooning after the mysterious new guy from a faraway land.

My parents enrolled me in the big public school in downtown Mobile, and I spent much of that summer learning to appreciate air conditioning and daydreaming about all the beautiful young women that I would meet when the school year started.

It didn’t take me long to realize that my Yankee accent was not as alluring as my delusional teenage mind had imagined. I was swallowed up in a huge high school that was much more diverse than my lily-white Wisconsin school. The majority of students in my new school were black, but all sorts of races were represented there. I wasn’t even the guy from the “faraway land”—that designation probably belonged the small group of Vietnamese immigrants at the school.

By the time I was a senior, I had worked up the courage to ask out the smartest girl in my class. I wasn’t even discouraged (for very long) when I once overheard her father telling her that he didn’t approve of the “Yankee Jew-boy” she was dating. A few years later, he gave me permission to marry her, so I guess he didn’t hold my heritage against me for long.Scissors-32x32.png

Stephen A. Smith blasts Netroots activists: ‘Black folks are killing black folks every day’

ESPN commentator Stephen A. Smith blasted the kind of race activists who booed Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley for saying “All lives matter” at Netroots Nation last weekend.

Mr. Smith used his radio show on Tuesday to highlight the philosophical message it sends when a candidatewho says “All lives matter” is forced to apologize.

Get a $150 cash bonus*. A Checking account that’s worth the switch.

Take a look at a list of nine people who are younger than 35 and at billionaire status.

“Where’s the noise about all black lives matter when black folks are killing black folks? You see, that’s where you lose me. So a presidential candidate who isn’t black happens to stand up and say, 'All lives matter.' Hillary Clinton, a presidential candidate who may probably get the Democratic nomination for the presidency — she says, 'All lives matter,' and then she has to couch it and retract all of this other stuff,” said Mr. Smith, The Raw Story reported.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/22/stephen-smith-blasts-netroots-activists-black-folk/