Is Iran Rational?

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

is-iran-rational:

Is Iran Rational?

Reldim July 20, 2015

Though it is as old as the debate about the Iranian nuclear program itself, the question now seems more apt than ever. The usual phrasing is whether Iran istruly bent on destruction or on the verge of becoming a modern-day Soviet Union, i.e., a nuclear power that can be deterred by mutually assured destruction (leave aside whether you believe the current or potential future occupants of the White House would, in fact, respond in such a fashion). On the one hand are people who point out that, though the Soviets were power-hungry totalitarians, they wanted to live and knew that using nukes was a suicide pact. On the other, you have people who argue that Iran isn’t rational in that way, and would be happy for martyrdom — or, more likely, the martyrdom of their ordinary citizens — for the cause of Islam, the Caliphate, and the return of the Twelfth Imam.Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtree

Good Stuff! There are (as I often say) a lot of ignorant people out there, but there are also a lot of smart..thoughtful people out there.

As to the question? Yes They Are Being Extremely Rational...given the theology/ideology, of the rulers.

As I understand it (and I could be wrong) Iran becoming a nuclear power is very popular with the Iranians.

• Like 1