Pelosi Proposes Lowering the Voting Age to 16

Geee

pelosi-proposes-lowering-the-voting-age-to-16PJ Media:

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) proposed lowering the voting age to 16 years old or 17 years old.

“To achieve what we want to do for the middle class, for kids in school, for immigration reform, for all these things, we must change our politics. We must reduce the role of money in politics. We must dare to do that and so we have a dare, disclose, where is this money coming from, this dark money? Amend the Constitution to overturn Citizens United. Let’s get out there and mobilize and do it. Reform our campaign system to empower small donors and empower voters with a renewed and strengthened Voting Rights Act, removing obstacles of participation,” Pelosi said at the Make the Progress summit sponsored by the Center for American Progress.

“I’m for – and I’m interested in hearing your thoughts, and I know you’ll let me know – for lowering the voting age to high school age, whether it’s 16 or 17 or, because when kids are in school they’re so interested, they’re so engaged, and we would like them to be ready at least to register before they leave.”

In the speech, Pelosi said the economic indicators under President Obama have been “excellent” aside from income inequality. To support her point, Pelosi drew a contrast between Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush and Obama.Scissors-32x32.png

righteousmomma

Idiotic idea from an idiot and yes, that is disrespectful but she has not earned my respect.

• Like 3