Trump clarifies attacks on McCain

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
248431-trump-clarifies-attacks-on-mccainThe Hill:

Donald Trump accused Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) of being "all talk, no action" on veterans issues on Saturday as he sought to clarify his dismissive words toward McCain earlier in the day.

"I am not a fan of John McCain because he has done so little for our Veterans and he should know better than anybody what the Veterans need, especially in regards to the VA," Trump said in a statement released by his campaign.

"He is yet another all talk, no action politician who spends too much time on television and not enough time doing his job and helping the Vets," Trump continued. "He is also allowing our military to decrease substantially in size and strength, somethings which should never be allowed to happen."

Trump faced immediate criticism Saturday after mocking McCain’s six years as a prisoner during the Vietnam War.

“He was a war hero because he was captured,” Trump sarcastically told host Frank Luntz during the 2015 Family Leadership Summit. “I like people who weren’t captured.”

Trump was swiftly rebuked by the Republican National Committee and several of his fellow 2016 Republican presidential candidates.

Trump said in his statement that McCain has been "extremely disrespectful to the thousands upon thousands of people, many of whom happen to be his constituents, that came out to listen to me speak about illegal immigration by calling them 'crazies.'

"These were not 'crazies' --- these were great American citizens," Trump said.

"I have great respect for all those who serve in our military including those that weren't captured and are also heroes," he continued. "I want to strengthen our military and take care of our veterans. I want to make America great again, especially for those that serve to protect our freedom. I am fighting for our veterans!"

________

Well, we can already hear the "Trump is toast" from the GOP establishment. But is he?

Well, we can already hear the "Trump is toast" from the GOP establishment. But is he?

Q: Does anyone who has paid any attention to The Donald think this guy is a serious candidate? The only reason he is running is to get his name in the media. I can see it now, after he drops out there will be a documentary/mini-series...TRUMP! the campaign, or maybe a reality show Campaigning With Donald.

What I'm trying to figure out is why people are paying that much attention to him.

• Like 1

@Valin Valin Valin. Hillary is saying things people want to hear - it doesn't matter what she has done or hasn't done, just whats she says that they want to hear. It is no different with Donald Trump - it's 5vi-vi.gif to what he says that is disturbing and just hearing what he says that they want to hear. The Donald has his place. He is forcing candidates to talk about things they were avoiding - but at this point the bad is out weighing the good. People who just look for excuses to bad mouth the Republican Party are using him to their full advantage and people who don't follow the facts (LIV) are lapping it all up. Reading over the Brit papers - that's exactly what THEY are doing. It's SEE that's those nasty Republicans finally showing their true colors.rolleyes.gif

My problem is not with the message, it's with the messenger.

And the way that messenger is putting out the message.

My problem is not with the message, it's with the messenger.

And the way that messenger is putting out the message.

Exactly! He says the things he says, the way he says them in order to get in name in the media. That's why he's running.