Obama: That Was Then…

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
obama-that-was-thenDiscriminations : Obama: That Was Then…

16 July 2015

Obama, speaking to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee March 4, 2012, when he was still making an effort to win Jewish votes:

Four years ago, I stood before you and said that, “Israel’s security is sacrosanct. It is non-negotiable.” That belief has guided my actions as

President….

And that is why, four years ago, I made a commitment to the American people, and said that we would use all elements of American power to pressure Iran and prevent it from acquiring a nuclear weapon. And that is what we have done. (Applause.) ….

And so from my very first months in office, we put forward a very clear choice to the Iranian regime: a path that would allow them to rejoin the community of nations if they meet their international obligations, or a path that leads to an escalating series of consequences if they don’t. In fact, our policy of engagement — quickly rebuffed by the Iranian regime — allowed us to rally the international community as never before, to expose Iran’s intransigence, and to apply pressure that goes far beyond anything that the United States could do on our own…Scissors-32x32.png