The United States is a Dying Country - - By Steve McCann, American Thinker

Pepper

at-painter.gifAmerican Thinker:

The United States is a Dying Country

July 17, 2015

By Steve McCann

The United States a dying country. For many years that distasteful reality has been painfully obvious to those of us who immigrated to the United States having experienced first-hand the human suffering brought about by the near total destruction of a continent and the brutality of totalitarian rule throughout the world. The underlying cause of so much death and destruction over the past century is threefold: immorality, despotism and radical ideology.

Scissors-32x32.png

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/07/the_united_states_is_a_dying_country.html

Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

• Like 2

righteousmomma

Me too.

As the twin dark clouds of totalitarian thought control and an omnipotent central government slowly envelop the nation, a preponderance of the American people as well as many of nation’s political and societal leaders cower in the shadows or are willfully oblivious in the self-centered world. In 2015 the evolving societal hallmarks of the United States are timidity, voyeurism and victimhood.

How far the mighty have fallen. Never dreamed my generation would see any of this.

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck

@Pepper! Thanks for the post!

John Philpot Curran, given in Dublin in 1790:

“The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance...”

This quote (in other arrangements) is sometimes attributed to Thomas Jefferson....and other Founding Fathers. It sums up the point of failure that ends with our demise. How do we maintain our values & yet forcefully reject attempts to usurp the Republic? No one, in their comfort wants to hear bad things....and calls to action.

The Gospel says: And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own town and in his own home." Matthew 13:57

The Greatest Generation (fast fading) answered the call. They then had children that embraced comfort over sacrifice.....profit over patriotism. The generation after that...embraced the current hedonism. There are no absolutes, so there are always "voices crying in the wilderness" and men & women of virtue....but never enough.

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free . . . it expects what never was and never will be” (Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Colonel Charles Yancey, Jianuary 6, 1816.)

It's easy to embrace ennui...but it allows others with a cause to fill that void of inaction, with their own plots for change & conquest. "Willfully stupid" may sound like an indictment, but it goes hand-in-hand with being too busy to pay attention. Common Core? A Progressive recipe for maintaining that willful stupidity through generations. Ignorance enhances the pliability of a population.

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” (John Adams, October 11, 1798.)

There has been a swing back towards anti-abortion, by a majority of Americans. The 1973 Roe vs Wade law was enacted after the 'swinging 60's'...when 'free love' reigned....and is now the sacred cow/totem of Progressive accomplishment. Margaret Sanger swung the dual sword of abortion & euthanasia...and her dreams of cutting away the dead branches (minorities & elders) of society have come to fruition. There's not one Progressive candidate/talking head/leader, that does not espouse her views. Saul Alinsky, who dedicated his creed & manifesto to Lucifer....is a saint to them. His principles and axioms are actively being unfolded daily, in America.

“We have been assured, sir, in the sacred writings, that ‘except the Lord build the house they labor in vain that build it.’ I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without His concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel; we shall be divided by our little partial, local interests, our projects will be confounded and we ourselves shall become a reproach and a byword down to future ages. And, what is worse, mankind may hereafter, from this unfortunate instance, despair of establishing government by human wisdom and leave it to chance, war, or conquest.” (Benjamin Franklin)

24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.” Matthew 7:24-27

The Founding Fathers built the American Republic upon rock. Succeeding generations remodeled on sand. We allowed Progressive ideology to dominate education...and the results are predictable..ruin. Our most precious commodity was allowed to be raised by wolves. It wasn't enough to merely provide a good example....as technology improved & the world began a more frenetic pace....we became complacent & subcontracted our greatest responsibility. Why do Progressives hate home-schooling? No opportunity to indoctrinate.

At the same time, belief in God & worship was relegated to whim & whimsy. Everyone has a crisis of faith at some time in their lives. I really believe that we are the last generation that embraced religion & the love of God. I thank my Mom daily for making me attend Mass daily with her. Even though I rejected that faith for a time....it created a necessary hunger in me & I had to turn back to God....and embrace my faith again. I try to live it more fully now, and even though I recognize that I am a sinner, I want God to guide my feet upon His path. I'm at a loss for how to reach my children & grandchildren...except by example, now.

“Truth forever on the scaffold,

Wrong forever on the throne, -
Yet that scaffold sways the future,
and, behind the dim unknown,
Standeth God within the shadow,
keeping watch above his own.”

(American Poet James Russell Lowell, The Present Crisis, 1844.)

How do we regain our Republic? I don't think I'll live long enough to find out. It pains me to think of the misery that will follow & fall on my family. I can speak out. I can try to elect people that have the same frame of mind...but....who are they? I can do the same thing I do with my faith. Be an example, Pray to God for His Mercy.

Maybe....not go quietly? Don't know.

I'm not afraid of calamity. I've been fortunate to have the life I've had....and I'm ready. I told my Doctor, "You know....I feel like the time has come for me to 'pass the torch'....but I don't want to let go yet." I'll do what I can.

God's blessings on all & God bless the United States of America & the Republic for which it stands!

• Like 1