Stop what you’re doing and read the incredible quote on the wall of this Alabama BBQ joint

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
?bt_alias=eyJ1c2VySWQiOiI1YjZmZjYyOC04MThkLTQ2NzctODBiMi1hMWQxOTY3Yellow Hammer News: Stop what you’re doing and read the incredible quote on the wall of this Alabama BBQ joint

WRITTEN BY CLIFF SIMS

ON JULY 8, 2015 AT 10:06 PM CDT

Pruett’s Bar-B-Q is a well-known landmark on Rainbow Drive in Gadsden, Alabama. They’ve been serving up some of the finest barbecue in the state since 1976, which is really saying something in the barbecue-crazed Yellowhammer State. Scissors-32x32.png

The simple plaque includes a quote from Adrian Rogers, a world-renowned pastor from Memphis, Tennessee.

You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the end of any nation. Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtree, MrC pointed that out to me earlier this afternoon. WOW. I believe we passed the 50/50 mark in 2012 for more takers than makers (full-time, year round workers). IMO the death spiral is happening and needs to be stopped. Any ideas?

Draggingtree

@Draggingtree, MrC pointed that out to me earlier this afternoon. WOW. I believe we passed the 50/50 mark in 2012 for more takers than makers (full-time, year round workers). IMO the death spiral is happening and needs to be stopped. Any ideas?

Will Americans finally rise up against their oppressors or will they continue—as did Nazi Germany—to ignore it and “hope” it gets better.

• Like 1