Remember the Story of the Muslim Woman Denied a Can of Coke? It Might be a Hoax

Valin

printNational Review:

David French

June 10, 2015

Last week, I expressed some exasperation with the idea that CNN was leading its website with unsubstantiated claims from a Muslim women that a United flight attendant had denied her an unopened can of Coke because she could potentially use the can as a weapon. While the point of my post was to note that the only reason why such a minor incident made national news was to advance the bogus liberal narrative that America is beset with Islamophobia, some folks on Twitter called me out for questioning whether we were getting the whole story. The breathless CNN report was based almost entirely on the woman’s social media post, yet the left side of the internet erupted as if the story were undeniable fact. Well, thanks to Mark Hemingway at the Weekly Standard, we know there is at least one competing account. Here it is, from a person claiming to be a passenger on the same flight:

pic_corner_dfrench_06102015.jpg

(Snip)

Evidently she has used her tweeting ability in the past to stir up similar things.

Links? Not that it doesn't surprise me....I don't look or sound surprised do I?

clearvision

It was awhile back, but had something to do with her going to an action movie that portrayed terrorists as Muslim and when she left the theater everyone was looking at her and whispering about her.

• Like 1