We're in the midst of a college revolution --- and liberals are leading it

Geee

2565566Washington Examiner:

For years, conservatives have railed against the suppression of free speech and increasing authoritarianism on college campuses — and they've been largely written off by the liberal establishment in academia.

But now, the culture that has been cultivated by liberal ideologues has turned against them, and they're fighting back.

The latest example comes from professor Edward Schlosser (a pseudonym), who wrote an article titled: "I'm a liberal professor, and my liberal students terrify me."

"The student-teacher dynamic has been re-envisioned along a line that's simultaneously consumerist and hyper-protective, giving each and every student the ability to claim Grievous Harm in nearly any circumstance, after any affront, and a teacher's formal ability to respond to these claims is limited at best," Schlosser wrote.

Schlosser's decision to come forward (at least anonymously) comes after Northwestern University professor Laura Kipnis was accused of violating a federal discrimination law for writing about the sensitivities of today's college students. Kipnis wrote about the process in which she was investigated, and was cleared of wrongdoing shortly thereafter.Scissors-32x32.png