Air Force developing planes that could cross Atlantic in hour, will be super-fast weapon

Geee

air-force-developing-planes-that-could-cross-atlantic-in-hour-will-be-superfast-weapon-10293832.htmlUK Independent:

The US Air Force is developing a super-fast weapon that can fly many times the speed of sound.

Travelling at over Mach 5.1, the jet could make it from London to New York in an hour. But it will be used instead as a super-fast weapon, working like a missile.

"We are the Air Force. What do we want to do with this technology? We want to weaponise it," Ryan Helbach, an official with the Air Force Research Laboratory, told Military.com. It’s unclear how it would be used as a weapon, but US officials expect that China and other countries are building similar technology.

The X-51 WaveRider, developed by Boeing, works by dropping out of a traditional plane. During successful tests, it flew through the air using almost no moving parts and a special air-breathing system that allows it to fly so fast.Scissors-32x32.png

clearvision

I guess it is a missile with the ability to fly around a bit when it gets were it is going?

Sure, it's fast. But just wait until you have to wait two hours in line for the TSA to grope you prior to take-off.

I guess it is a missile with the ability to fly around a bit when it gets were it is going?

Ya, but will Hilliary bother to send it if someone's in trouble?

SrWoodchuck

Ya, but will Hilliary bother to send it if someone's in trouble?

Only if it's got a freight option for bringing back donations.

• Like 1