Chafee to unveil presidential run, puzzling longtime allies

Valin

150609770AP:

LISA LERER

Jun. 3, 2015

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee plans to formally open his campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination on Wednesday, setting off on a quixotic political quest that has left even some of his closest allies scratching their heads.

Chafee, a former * Republican turned independent who joined the Democratic Party two years ago, surprised many when he announced plans to explore a presidential run in April. Since then, he's made little effort to set up a competitive campaign operation, beyond a few visits and calls to activists in the early voting states of New Hampshire, Iowa and South Carolina.

While his primary competitors travel the country raising money and wooing supporters, longtime Chafee strategists and donors say they know little about his intentions — or even his rationale for running.

(Snip)

* This was A REAL RINO.

Cyber_Liberty

150609770:

LISA LERER

Jun. 3, 2015

* This was A REAL RINO.

Confused me too. I heard of this over the weekend, and when I finished laughing I started to wonder which Party....

Like the current occupant - he must be big in his own mind - cause he ain't in anyone elses. My first thought too was - which party? Don't go away mad - just go away (or go away mad, I don't care)